What smartphone/mobile device games are you playing?

Thought I start a thread on this, since I’m always looking for new games…

Lately these are the games I’ve been playing:

play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ar.Richman

Richman (a.k.a. Taiwanese Monopoly)

This is a classic Taiwanese game by softstar. Now it’s made its way on Android. I play this in Chinese, but I see that it’s English version as well. I wonder if the audio are in English as well. It’s fun and addicting. It feels great to see your computer opponent go bankrupt.

play.google.com/store/apps/deta … imblequest

Nimble Quest. By the makers of Tiny Tower. It’s snake with RPG… also fun and addicting, but everytime you day you have to start over, which is a bit frustrating, cause i keep dying in the same level.

Knights of the Old Republic was released for iOS a couple months back. That had a big, negative impact on my MA thesis. orz

new KOTOR or the one with Revan, Malak, or the one with Bastila Shan?

The first one, with Revan, Malak, and Bastila. I barely use my iPad anymore but brought it out of retirement for those 40 hours.

did your Siri start referring to you as Meatbag afterwards?

I’ve been playing this one on my Android (for free). The Taiwan version is called 王者之刃, and you can read about it here: play.google.com/store/apps/deta … lay.wzzjtw

There will be an English version coming out, called Excalibur, but it may be a few weeks or so before it’s available. If you can read Chinese, then you could try the Taiwan version. It’s quite fun. A bit like that old Capcom classic Knights of The Round. But 王者之刃 has more RPG elements.

been playing this game:
play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ead.tos.en

The Tower of Saviors.

It’s a gem breaking game that’s has a magic like card game element to it. Different from regular gem breaking games such as Candy Crush, you can move one gem to any location on the board. As you move it across spaces occupied by other gems, they will swap location. In the process of moving this one gem around you can create many combos. Each combo will allow your summoned heroes to attack the enemy.

It has a friend element to it which is pretty fun as well.

Arcane Legends… MMORPG… very good 3D graphics…

play.google.com/store/apps/deta … y.game2048

well, this game has been in and out of fashion in a month. the goal is to add two of the randomly generated 2s and 4s up to 2048.

but after looking at it, I figured the upper bound limit to this type of game is 2^(nxn), given the game has a 4x4 board, it means the highest number one can achieve on this board is 2^16, which is 65536.

So… after 3 days…

There, 65536…

Spacehulk. (I also play it on my desktop computer, since it has a Linux version too)

If you get a 4 as your last tile, which can happen, then you could theoretically get 131972.

curse you, now i have to play that game for another 3 days…

Clash of Clans

Plants vs Zombies 2 on my droid, best android game imo :smiley:

Played an amazing game called Out There. It’s one of the most highly rated android games and is a little bit like FTL. Brother-in-law pressured me into playing Clash of Clans. I’m not too keen on the style of graphics, but it’s alright. Played the Kingdom Rush games - quite fun. X-com Enemy Unknown has just become available for android, but I’m not sure if my HTC 1 will be able to handle it.

Pinball Arcade Terminator 2

And was stoked to play GTA III again, this time on my phone.

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”]Pinball Arcade Terminator 2

And was stoked to play GTA III again, this time on my phone.[/quote]

Damn. That was a classic!

Yah! Better than candy crush.

No longer just theoretical…

this!! :slight_smile: