What tenet system are you?

Well, which one?

• Materialist (Lokayata, Carvakya)
  • Outsider’s tenets (e.g. Christian, Hindu, etc.)
  • Vaibhasika (Sarvastivada)
  • Sautrantika
  • Cittamatra (Yogacara, Vijnanavada)
  • Svatantrika-Madhyamaka
  • Prasangika-Madhyamaka

0 voters

Homage to Manjushri!

could you give some of us a clue as to what the heck you’re talking about?

Sorry, I’m feeling dadaist today. These are Sanskrit terms from Buddhist philosophy, as remembered by Tibetans (whose religious representatives mostly agree that Prasangika Madhyamika is the highest truth, though in practice they might mix it with Cittamatra).

Well, what would you say is the ultimate nature of reality? And the ultimate goal of spiritual practice? And how do you get there? (Basis, path, fruits.) If you can tell me that, I can tell you what category you belong in. (Unless you’re a Buddhist, you’ll end up either as a materialist or a holder of “outsider” tenet systems.)

AUM AH HUM
PAY LAY ALE

It’s too early in the day for this!

I usually reserve these kinds of discussion until the wee hours when I’ve had a tad too much soda pop and just one too many puffs on ‘Old Bubbly’.

This should be in Culture and History, not Living in Taiwan.

[quote=“Maoman”]This should be in Culture and History, not Living in Taiwan.[/quote]Should it ? I have no idea what the heck he’s talking about. :? Is it something religious ? The Mormon thread is in “Living”.
Maybe it’s a Taiwanese religion which puts it under ‘culture’. Who knows ?
I’ll let someone else moderate this, maybe Cranky understands it :stuck_out_tongue:

It means, do you pay your rent every month or every week. Does your rent include trash pickup. Stuff like that.

This is the “Is the glass half full or have crocked?”
“If a tree falls in the forest and there is only a one-armed man there to see it, can he clap?”
“Is God so powerful that he can make a cubical sphere?”
“How many angels can dance? And I mean really well.”

That sort of stuff… :unamused: