What the F%^&

So there I am driving with the wife, and I see some 120 year old grandmother driving one of those battery powered wheelchair contraptions.

Said grandmother then proceeds to crash into a PARKED car.

As I feel those wheelchair things should not be on the road, I discussed with the wife.

'She claims that according to the law the grandmother is actually a passenger, despite the fact she was the driver, so she will not be held responsible. :loco: :loco: :loco:

I have stopped trying to apply any type of logic to Taiwanese law unless I have smoked 27 rocks before attempting to understand the law.

But tell me this ain’t so. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

I’m pretty sure that they were made illegal for road use a few years ago.

Probably, but there is less than zero enforcement. I see plenty everyday.

You misspelled “fuck” again.

It should be f*%k.

I hope she sues the owner of the car

Was she doing a wheelie at the time?
You can do wheelies on those.

Dont get me wrong, i love old people… i think they should be respected always as they have lived a long time… but STAY THE F%^& AWAY FROM THE ROAD…
every single time i see an old lady or gentleman, and by old i mean above 80 or at least they look that old… driving one of those electric wheelchairs or even a 50cc scooter and cutting in lanes without even looking at all as in “god will protect me” kind of action… i stay right behind and press the horn as hard as i can making sure they turn around to see me, then i scream at them making sure they understand the problem is with them, and finally i make the go back to your house face… seriously they endanger everyone around them when they get on public roads driving like stupid 1 year old babies… their license should be revoked on sight… and put on a taxi on their way back home… and its even worse when they just went shopping, or when 2 drive the same wheelchair or when they bring the grandson to the park… but Police will never do anything to them… ever… because that is the ancestral law in taiwan… respect the elderly as they can do whatever the F they want…

a case of my own, on a group motorcycle ride around Tainan Area… we were around 30 heavy duty motorcycles, (all above 550cc) and we were on a very wide road with 2 lanes in the center for each direction of the road and one split lane on the sides for each direction… some of us were on the center and some on the split lane… while i was on the lead group an old guy decided to cross the street on a red light for him using the walking zone marked with the zebra lines and pushing his scooter… a 50cc scooter… as if that would make it valid… a friend in the group that was also on the lead and driving on the right hand side area of the split lane had to break really hard and ended up flipping his bike… the old man dropped the scooter and nothing happened to him at all… my friend had several small cuts and his back needed some 100 ~ 150k in parts… it was a 70KM/h lane and we were on the speed limit… we all stopped and the old man try to walk away saying that he is sorry, then the police came and after explaining the old man said that he was just walking with his scooter, he has no money and he is too old to get money… so the police said its our fault because we have big bikes and we drive carelessly… and we could have hurt the old man… and he didnt pay anything to my friend… so yes, i think old people should stay home or should walk more…

you cannot physically drive them along the footpath (sidewalk for Yanks) so where the hell else can they go?

Just bulldoze them into the gutters and ignore them.

[quote=“urodacus”]you cannot physically drive them along the footpath (sidewalk for Yanks) so where the hell else can they go?

Just bulldoze them into the gutters and ignore them.[/quote]

See, this place needs a bunch of good ice floes like we got at home.

They let fork lifts on the road, why not old people.

Hey man, I defy you to find a fork lift that can captivate you with a charming tale of the old days that carries with it a valuable lesson for living. :no-no:

Of course, there aren’t too many old people who can relocate a pallet of alfalfa seed to the back storage shed, for that matter. :idunno:

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“urodacus”]you cannot physically drive them along the footpath (sidewalk for Yanks) so where the hell else can they go?

See, this place needs a bunch of good ice floes like we got at home.[/quote]

Out of sheer curiosity and because I had to Google “ice floe” and still got no closer to an answer, why?

[quote=“Icon”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“urodacus”]you cannot physically drive them along the footpath (sidewalk for Yanks) so where the hell else can they go?

Out of sheer curiosity and because I had to Google “ice floe” and still got no closer to an answer, why?[/quote]

Shows how little you know about your own (essentially) continent…

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“Icon”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“urodacus”]you cannot physically drive them along the footpath (sidewalk for Yanks) so where the hell else can they go?

Out of sheer curiosity and because I had to Google “ice floe” and still got no closer to an answer, why?[/quote]

Shows how little you know about your own (essentially) continent…[/quote]

My question has been answered. :astonished: Gulp. :astonished: Thanks, I think. :astonished:

It works even faster without the ice. :neutral:

Well obviously they allow fork lifts on the road. How else are they going to move parked cars when they suddenly decide to do road works?

Old gran’ ma and green plates in General. As if being 18 gave anyone the slightest road sense…

Not only Esquimaux,
goin’ with the floe.
slow without a [strike]fork[/strike]chairlift, though.

hahaha recently i saw on the news that the Taiwan government is creating Priority parking spaces on the freeways rest areas for Women… yes you got it right… for Women and not the ones with special needs… just All women… because they get tired of driving and need better spots to go for bathroom breaks hahahaha
i wonder how many accidents with women driving and parking happened in order for the new spots to be assigned… maybe they can create a special split lane for old people… next to the scooters… so they crash into each other…