What the hell is going on with Taiwan Beer?

Being German I always shock people with distinguishing beer simply into Headache-beer (esp. if some foreign stuff with E222) and other beer. And Un-Beer like Heineken (not beer, just what comes out of an exploded chemical plant).

And Heineken is NOT German, got that you Taiwan people?

Taiwan Beer is “other beer”.

Beer:

And beer has to have foam, it is not to be drunk out of a big jar by 5 people getting stale and old, like some Americanos do. Brrrrrrrrrr

Hey, what’s with the attack on Americans? All people grow stale and old… not just Americans… :raspberry:

bob_honest -
Have a beer and relax…

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]bob_honest -
Have a beer and relax…[/quote]

:smiley: Convinced.

Ah yes… Americans drinking beer and getting stale… well nice expression I made there :stuck_out_tongue:

OK OK Heineken always gets me in this bloodlust rage and then I remember the shock when I got this fruit jar full of beer in Hannover Germany. Culture imperialism!
If I were a Muslim I could justify 5 suicide bombings with this!
[I know un-PC]

I am Canadian and the reason I like to drink beer out of a pitcher (that’s ‘jar’ to you’) is 'cause then if I drink faster than them I get more than my share. Oh, also because when the waitress comes 'round and says would you like one more beer? … and you know you shouldn’t 'cause you already had enough … one more beer equals three of your bottles.

BTW: This is a preview for my night tonight.
:s

[quote=“Blue”]I am Canadian and the reason I like to drink beer out of a pitcher (that’s ‘jar’ to you’) is 'cause then if I drink faster than them I get more than my share. Oh, also because when the waitress comes 'round and says would you like one more beer? … and you know you shouldn’t 'cause you already had enough … one more beer equals three of your bottles.

BTW: This is a preview for my night tonight.
:s[/quote]

Half drunk is wasted money, you are right.

[Credits to the tax consultant of my dad for that quote, one of the few persons who can make a year’s end tax record of a company having drunken 2 bottles of Vodka and some more. And he would ask me to stop by that small liquor store when I drove him home afterwards]

… though the state attorney would sometimes call a few weeks after the tax record had been in the mail.

[quote=“bob_honest”]Being German I always shock people with distinguishing beer simply into Headache-beer (esp. if some foreign stuff with E222) and other beer. And Un-Beer like Heineken (not beer, just what comes out of an exploded chemical plant).

And Heineken is NOT German, got that you Taiwan people?

Taiwan Beer is “other beer”.

Beer:

And beer has to have foam, it is not to be drunk out of a big jar by 5 people getting stale and old, like some Americanos do. Brrrrrrrrrr[/quote]

I can get Beck’s at the local Aimai. It’s even cheaper than Taiwan beer. Nice.

I did a blind taste test the other day. Heineken and Taiwan beer. Both into identical glasses supplied by 7/11 and Boddingtons.

Trouble was the Taiwan beer foamed more. It was hard to do it blind. I could always see the foam and it tasted less because of it. The foam stops the beer hitting your taste buds as much is what seems to happen.

So, pity the test didn’t work out. Otherwise they were pretty damn similar imo.

TavernCaptian and TpeBob - This is directed at you!!!

All this talk of beer is making me quite thirsty and you’re probably the men that could make my humble request see daylight.

CANADIAN BEER!!!

Due to the population of Canadians living in Taipei City and elsewhere, I would tend to think it would be a good idea to stock your bar with some of Canada’s finest:

Molson Canadian, Labatt Blue, Alexander Kieths and Moosehead

There are probably the most popular Canadian beers served in the pubs.

Just a thought. :smiley:

(Mods, feel free to move this post elsewhere if need be)

Well Monster, if you think about it, they’d probably both prefer to attract a paying clientelle. :raspberry:

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Well Monster, if you think about it, they’d probably both prefer to attract a paying clientelle. :raspberry:

HG[/quote]

I somehow knew that was going to pop up. I had originally poked some fun on this topic but decided to edit my post.

Ya bastid!
:smiley: