What this 95-1 and 95-2 Jive?

Usually put 92 in the Wing, but its a while since its last decoke, I THINK the handbook says 95, and I was planning on using it for a student field trip the next day (1 from each group, early Sunday start) so I told the yoof 95.

Looking at the pump more closely there were two grades, with 95-1 the more expensive. Not noticed this before,

Drove OK and started OK the next (this) morning, but when I stopped it to go to the cash machine it wouldn’t restart.

Might be coincidence, but its been running OK since I cleaned the contacts. OTOH it could be the pricy petrol has more detergent in it and has stirred up muck, blocking things. I doubt it was driven long enough after refill to foul plugs, but maybe long enough to empty the float chamber and fuel filter.

Only two students turned up, giving me a (rather thin) excuse to cancel, otherwise I’d have trained and taxi’d. Unfair on them but saved me some embarrassment, time and money,

Ethanol content perhaps?

Dunno if that’s a big thing here. No grain belt farmer lobby so I rather doubr it.

This paper seems to confirm that impression, if you can cut through the Tchiwanese “academe speak” BS.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4772250/

According to this site, though, its Remarkably Good Value

Taiwan Ethanol prices, 11-Jan-2021

Taiwan Ethanol prices Liter Gallon
0.000 0.000
USD 0.000 0.000
EUR 0.000 0.000
1 Like

When you say it disn’t restart, no firing at all, or spluttering and coughing (suggestive of bad fuel)?

No firing. I suppose suggestive of no fuel (or no spark).

If fuelling is at all a factor I suppose it wouldn’t necessarily be the fuel as delivered that was the problem, since the tank was pretty low, so simply filling it up might have stirred up gunk from the bottom.

Anyway, a definitive answer isn’t likely to that (pending investigation at least, which I don’t have time for right now).

I am interested in the answer to the title question, though, which I thought someone might know.