What to bring on my visa run?

I’ve got to go on my visa run around the 24th of this month. What do I need to bring to get the visa? My school has just applied for my work permit, which should be ready in 7 days they said. Is this all I need to bring to get my 60 day business visa?
Also my wife is enrolling for english classes at the university in Tainan. They have told her she can get the documents from them before the 24th, does she need to bring anything else to get her student visa? Also the classes don’t start until january, is this going to cause problems with getting the student visa now?
Last question, will we be able to do everything in one day? We’ve found a flight leaving in the morning at 8am, and then returning at 8pm the same night. Thanks for any help,
Cheers

oops I mean my wife is enrolling in chinese classes at the uni

I would recommend clean underwear.

If your work permit is going to be ready by the 18th, you probably don’t need to do a visa run. My experience was that after getting a work permit, you can apply for a resident visa immediately. Once you have applied, since they keep your passport, you have a bye on doing a visa run. Moreover, the visa turnaround is quick; you can probably get it before the 24th anyway. (I think mine took five days, but that was because there were two weekend days and one government holiday between the Thursday that I dropped off the application, the Friday that I went back and paid for it, and the Wednesday that I picked everything up.)

Disclaimer: I have no idea whether this is typical.

BTW, after getting the resident visa, you have a maximum of 15 days to apply for your ARC. Don’t miss that deadline or you will experience sorrow.

I wish that I didn’t have to go on the visa run, but unfortunately I arrived with a landing visa only which I’ve been told is non-transferable. So I still need to go. :frowning:

Yes…clean underwear, a toothbrush and paste - if applicable, some pocket money, I like to carry a small camera - film or digital, some packets of towelettes, a change of T-shirt might be nice, deordorant, comfortable shoes.

This should get you along nicely. One small shoulder bag should more than suffice.

Oh, oops. Yeah. Ignore everything I wrote, well, except for the clean underwear part.

Where are you going? People have experienced problems in HK and Thailand lately, from posts made here. You should do some digging. You’ll want to take every bit of documentation you can scrape together. Sorry.

Oh, oops. Yeah. Ignore everything I wrote, well, except for the clean underwear part.

Where are you going? People have experienced problems in HK and Thailand lately, from posts made here. You should do some digging. You’ll want to take every bit of documentation you can scrape together. Sorry.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Yes…clean underwear, a toothbrush and paste - if applicable, some pocket money, I like to carry a small camera - film or digital, some packets of towelettes, a change of T-shirt might be nice, deordorant, comfortable shoes.

This should get you along nicely. One small shoulder bag should more than suffice.[/quote]

I was more wondering what paperwork I need to bring along :s
And if the I can arrive in the morning and have everything done the same day to leave in the evening.

[quote=“FeelinIrie”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Yes…clean underwear, a toothbrush and paste - if applicable, some pocket money, I like to carry a small camera - film or digital, some packets of towelettes, a change of T-shirt might be nice, deordorant, comfortable shoes.

This should get you along nicely. One small shoulder bag should more than suffice.[/quote]

I was more wondering what paperwork I need to bring along :s
And if the I can arrive in the morning and have everything done the same day to leave in the evening.[/quote]
I’m pretty sure you’ll need at least your passport, your original diploma, eight passport-sized photos, a letter from your employer, and if you’re teaching then a health check. Also a completed application form. There may be some other stuff, too, I dunno. These were all that my employer asked for from me (but no health check 'cause I’m not one of those diseased English teacher types :smiley: ).

Hi, :help:

I discovered yesterday (due in part to the famous Taiwanese education deaprtments bureacracy) that I have to go on a Visa run on Monday… no time to plan etc…

My question is, I don’t have my original diploma, health check, because my employer sent them away… so will I get by with my application form and letter from my boss?

As the only flight I can get at this stage arrives in HK at midday, I’m guessing I have an overnight stay… Is it do-able to get across HK to apply by 4pm for next day pick up? How much is the Visa fee?

cheers! and sorry if I missed the obvious

Please remember to have an OUTGOING ticket from Taiwan! I have been there three times and half of the people there forgot/didn’t know about this. If you are applying for a two month visitor visa, you MUST have an outgoing ticket from Taiwan! Also, of course, other documents are required. Good luck.

For the visitors viasa can you use e-tickets?

I think the meaning is a ticket issued from an airline carrier, in your hand at the visa counter. A travel agents booking or email slip aint gonna cut it.

I think the meaning is a ticket issued from an airline carrier, in your hand at the visa counter. A travel agents booking or email slip aint gonna cut it.[/quote]

NO you can use an eticket. When I had to go get my visa in HK in sept, I had an eticket and it was acceptable. But to always be on the safe side, and call the consul in the country you are going to. Have fun, it will work out and enjoy where ever you are going