What to do if spouse is missing for years?

Yep. Right now Gamer can’t date.

1 Like

Maybe he isn’t a hairy animal lover anyway @Icon :wink:

1 Like

There’s no child luckily. We never had kids. If she has a child, it’s not from me (I say this because I have no clue what she has been up to for the past 4 years - it’s possible this could be what she is hiding) .

Actually I am. Have a pet cat. Guess while I’m waiting for this to all be over, I can look into the requirements to bring him back. Raised him since he was 2 months old. No way I’m leaving him here. I got him about a year or so after my wife disappeared.

1 Like

You can’t do that in Taiwan unless you can prove a Civil Code Art. 1145 situation.

Okay. It’s bigamy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oops, you’re right. Well was I wrong aside from my spelling?

Not as far as I know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not possible.

1 Like

Well, not that I am planning to go that route but if I did, I wouldn’t still be in Taiwan.

Today could be the day I get appointed my lawyer. I’ll report back here if it happens. Otherwise probably tomorrow.

@GamerCasual , one thing that came to my mind.

Once your divorce is through. You should go to household registration office with divorce papers to get your own household registration and also request a name change for your Chinese name.
When you get your new household registration go to immigration office and let them issue a new ARC with your new name. You will have to do it anyway since your residence address ‘changed’.

1 Like

Foreigners with an APRC are now eligible for Taiwan Household Registration!? That’s news to me!

What if you don’t own your own place and your landlord won’t allow you to use your rental place for HHR?

1 Like

What are you talking about? Foreigners without citizenship can register?
I don’t think so

1 Like

Maybe the confusion is because I already have it. I think that is because of my wife. After I divorce, I’m not sure if I will still have a HHR. I was actually about to ask this. What are the complete list of steps I need to take in order to clear myself here in Taiwan after getting my divorce certificate (or whatever it’s called)?

He is a foreigners without citizenship and is registered right now albeit together with his wife.

1 Like

Maybe I still need to go there regardless to update them?

So how do Taiwanese have HHR if they do not own a place? You are saying their landlord has any say whether Taiwanese can have a HHR?

1 Like

He is added to his wife’s HHR. Once they are divorced, he will be removed.

They leave it registered in their parent’s property

2 Likes

And if none of the ancestors owned a place? You will be handled like a NWOHR?

That’s quite interesting how they handle it in Taiwan. It’s just a registry where one lives and their relatives status. It doesn’t give you any rights or does it?

I also see many applications have household registration as a requirement. How is it handled if you are not allowed to have one? Sorry for a little off-topic.

1 Like

It does. My wife is registered at her parents because that county gives more monetary benefits for children, daycare, etc.
You also have to vote where you are registered.

I am not sure about this.

1 Like

Ask Taiwan Luthier about this. He’s the duty expert on this as he’s going through this right now and it’s been quite troublesome.

As for non-citizens, they can’t get their own HHR. That’s why I was extremely shocked by your post asserting it was possible.

As for Gamer, he doesn’t have HHR and/or he can’t be listed as the Head of the Household because he’s a foreigner. He is simply added on his wife’s or most likely his wife’s family HHR. Once he’s divorced, he’ll be removed and he will no longer have HHR and won’t be eligible for it.

4 Likes