What to do if spouse is missing for years?

For the chop. Your local key maker will usually also make em.

1 Like

I know where to go in Hsinchu but I probably won’t have enough time because I need to rush to Taipei. Would you happen to know any places that do it nearby Taipei main station?

this part, an assiatan arranges an appointment of the lawyer and client, I don’t feel much strange.

2 Likes

Really? Okay that makes me feel better. Maybe lawyers here in Hsinchu are different.

Don’t know off the top of my head, but a quick google showed me this. When you get to Taipei you can just punch 刻印章 into your search bar and some options near you should pop up.

2 Likes

Awesome. Thank you!

Make sure you get the correct kind, there are unofficial chops as well

1 Like

How do you tell the difference?

There’s also a locksmith nearby on Nanyang Street that makes very reasonably priced chops.

Just tell them you want one for documents.

1 Like

They should know in the store, just tell them it’s for divorce papers and they can help you make the divorce chop

1 Like

Would you happen to have the address?

Don’t have the exact address, but it’s close to the intersection where the Watsons is.

1 Like

And if you really really can’t find a shop to do chops I have a laser engraver that can make chops. But those stores are everywhere.

1 Like

Any place that does keys does chops.

1 Like

Look for a sign that has a stamp and keys. To be honest with you I’m not even set up to do various types of chops as I never done them before. I will probably make my own at some point as soon as I can figure out what programs they use for making it.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve seen those places all over and had it done before. Unfortunately, I haven’t lived in Taipei in years and forgot where to go. Also lost my stamp in the whole fiasco.

I’m probably going to take hanna149’s advice and use google maps search. I will be a little rushed due to morning traffic and the amount of time it takes to get to Taipei from Hsinchu city.

I don’t think there are any divorce chop things. You can just say a chop for documents.

Do you mean it should not be a rubber stamp?

Btw, for a divorce registration, you don’t need a chop, but a signature is accepted.

1 Like

This is what I thought. First two lawyers didn’t seem to care at all about me not having a chop. Wonder why this one is insisting on it. Not that it matters but it’s just a little weird.

You can ask why they need the chop tomorrow.

1 Like

It’ll probably be so they can sign stuff on your behalf.

2 Likes