What to do in Jiji , Nantou County?

I am thinking of taking my folks there when they visit in March. I heard there’s a train from Ershui to Jiji (Chichi/集集), about NT$30, and then what? What’s to do there? Coffee-shops, pubs, discos, movie theaters, hotels, motels, good eats, etc. Anyone been there and had a good time? Can you recommend some things? Or is it just a touristy town for daytrippers?

I know the old RR station fell down in the 9-21 earthquake. Has it been rebuilt or replaced?

The station has been replaced with a new one that is supposed to preserve the look of the old one. It opened in February 2002.

th.gio.gov.tw/show.cfm?news_id=13338

There is something in the area that is called the green bridge or something. Basically all it is are a bunch of trees that have very long branches that make a bridge over the road. When I saw it I didn’t really think much of it, but there really isn’t much to do in Chi Chi as I remember, but it is a nice place, it’s all country. Might as well take a drive up to Sun Moon Lake, I believe it is only 1 or 2 hours from there.