What to do in Taipei when it's raining?

Best/fun things to do in Taipei for noon-afternoon (not evening!) when it’s raining? Preferred indoors :wink:

During last weeks rain I enjoyed the Fine Arts Museum and the Museum of contemporary art. Both are super cheap and not too big. Of course, it can be hit or miss depending on your preferences. The fine arts museum has a very creepy exhibition (the jungle or something like this). Not for small children, just like the penis-art of a different artist, but it gets my recommendation.

5 Likes

Walk underground.

1 Like

Having a drink with friends.

1 Like

For lunch? Haha
Where’s a good place to get drinks at lunch time? Bars not opened yet.

7-11?

Guy

Yes, please!

Off the top of my head: the place that used to be called Gordon Biersch (now GBA), Jolly’s, ABV, Taihu, Zhangmen, Buckskin, etc. There should be plenty of others.

1 Like

rainy days are the best days for outdoors. Few people, better scenes, more comfortable. Taipei during the tain is the best time for me to go out (if driving). If sunny? drinking, eating and being a pig is usually the result haha.

2 Likes

Rainy typhoon days are opportunities to get a hotel with a significant other or a potential significant other.

2 Likes

All-you-can-watch movies unlimited entry and exit all day long for NT$160 or less.

Always at least eight movies in rotation on four screens.

Nan Shan Theater

2 Likes

Hooters opens at 11 am.

3 Likes