What to do with a bag of 1NT coins ?!

I have been in Taiwan for nearly one year now and have to leave soon. I got a huge bag of 1NT coins cause I never use them and no idea what to do with it. Actually I’m too lazy to use 1NT for paying my stuff. Does anyone know whether or not banks here in Taibei have coin counting machines, so that I can change my coins to banknotes?

Thanks.

[quote=“EagleNT”]I have been in Taiwan for nearly one year now and have to leave soon. I got a huge bag of 1NT coins cause I never use them and no idea what to do with it. Actually I’m too lazy to use 1NT for paying my stuff. Does anyone know whether or not banks here in Taibei have coin counting machines, so that I can get banknotes for all my coins?

Thanks.[/quote]

Just sent it to me. I’ll get it all rolled for you and then take it to the bank.

7-11, they gladly accept it!

Post Office. They will count it and hand you the corresponding blue bills. :smiley:

I believe you can just take it to your bank, and they’ll pour it into a machine which counts it.

In the old days, I’d save up 400 of them and then use that as the transfer fee to send money home, at the same time as saving “real money” if you get what I mean.

ditto with 7-11.

They do have coin counting machines at 7Eleven? I went to bank of Taiwan today and changed it… 1620NT… not bad :slight_smile:

Thanks for your answers.

Some pants will drop to the ankles with less. I hope you still have your dignity.

[quote=“EagleNT”]I have been in Taiwan for nearly one year now and have to leave soon. I got a huge bag of 1NT coins cause I never use them and no idea what to do with it. Actually I’m too lazy to use 1NT for paying my stuff. Does anyone know whether or not banks here in Taibei have coin counting machines, so that I can change my coins to banknotes?
Thanks.[/quote]
I think you should go totally local. Wait until 7-11 is really busy and take your phone bill, electric bill, etc (anything you can pay at 7-11) and then hand the poor kid behind the counter your bag of coins. Don’t pre-count them or anything. Then when he/she figures out how much you have left to pay, make sure you give the biggest bill possible. Also, ruffle through your pants to see if you can find more change to make the ‘change’ even. Do all of this while being totally unaware that the 20 people in line behind you want to kill you.

…happened just last week! lol

Hey, I was in that 7-11! :fume: Strange coincidence. :eh: