What to look out for in trucks here, buying another one.

The one we were using gut crushed by a rock at work, so it’s dead and need a new one. Our budget isn’t that high and we are trying for a 2.7 or 3.5 tonne size range as their box size is pretty similar. Because our budget is low it means old and I’m a biology guy, not a mechanical guy. So hoping for some opinion on models years etc that are particularly bad or good.

Found a couple 2.6t Ford’s for a decent price 1999 ~2004, econivan. But as for are less common than Suzuki and Mitsubishi, maybe as common as Isuzu, I can’t find much info on them.

Would really appreciate so tips or opinions. Especially which parts to check out. I’m in a new area and don’t have a reliable mechanic to ask yet.

CMC trucks are dirt cheap and work 70 percent of the time.

I can quote the great Redwagon on the Ford Econovan

“Junk”
“Horrid”
“Junk”

The Delica is a similar size, but is said to be not generally junk, though that of course does not guarantee that the one you buy won’t be.

No personal experience. I tried to buy a 1600 one once (which would have been underpowered) but the deal fell through, and then I ran into the “Trucks are for Taiwanese” restriction when a guanchi Varica came along, and gave up