What TV are you watching (2020)?

I knew season 2 ending would be a cliff hanger. I also know that s3 is based on a comic book. Recreating the “I Think We’re Alone Now” may never happen, but why recreate something so awesome?

Finished episodes 5 & 6 of Season 3 of The Expanse last night. I didn’t even think about not letting ep 6 roll at the end of 5. Not possible. Best stuff I’ve seen on television in a long while (noting, too, that episode 5 of S2 was also its strongest imo). I can’t recall a 2-ep battle done better in any television program I’ve ever seen - and I’ve seen a lot of television.

I envy anybody who hasn’t yet come out through e6 in Season 3, you’re in for a helluva treat.

They better come out with Season 5 pdq. At this rate I’ll be going through withdrawals in nine or ten days.

1 Like

When I rewatched S1-3 last year, I was once again amazed by how much the show made me care about characters who’d been barely tertiary before, but suddenly became hugely important. Those battle episodes were a big part of it.

(Neat thing of a rewatch is how early some of those characters are actually present - I’d totally forgotten Souther is in Season 1, although that was partly because I was watching those seasons a couple of years apart.)

1 Like

Yeah, I think a rewatch is in my future, especially S1.

Just finished The Last Dance about the Chicago Bulls 6 championships. Really good stuff in there. Excellent.

I started a new show called Hunters. About Nazi hunters in the 70s.

So after Deep Space 9, I have attempted to watch Voyager again. It is not going well.

I used to like it a lot, but for Tuvix sake, WTH?! Maybe it is that compared to the precision and coherence of DS9, so far my reaction has been “what the heck were they smoking in Voyager’s writers room?!”.

I mean, compare the decision by Janeway to kill Tuvix to Sisko killing the Romulus ambassador, so to speak. Ugh.

I am barely in season 3. And to make matters worse, what awaits me at the end is TNG, of which I was never fond of. But if you want to have an educated opinion, you have to be learn…

1 Like

Is it like semi-historical or real?

Semi historical.

1 Like

I am not sure about Schitt’s Creek but the reason why gay scenes are all censored on tv here is because HBO etc. have their Asian headquarters in Singapore and THEY would censor all LGBT content.

Anyway, I continued watching this show after not being hooked the first time around, now I am totally on board. It’s such a funny and sweet show.

1 Like

:sob:

Today was the last day of filming for Supernatural. :sob:

Sets have been destroyed but the studios official name is now Supernatural.

1 Like

Derry Girls. Feckin’ cracker!

Seems like a perfect match. This might be Nicholas Cage premier lifetime role.

Isn’t everyone burnt out on ‘Tiger King’? It was a flash in the pan during a traumatic time that most associate with the beginning of covid hell and lockdowns. I think they’re overestimating the appetite for this.

2 Likes

Tour de France on Eurosport (MOD)

Tiger King had an abnormally long period of keeping people’s attention longer than 2 minutes.

They lasted for months and it was number one for the longest on the largest platform Netflix breaking a record.

Apparently there is even a growing group trying to get Nicolas Cage to play Joe Exotic.

People want to escape.

Yes, from ‘Tiger King’ mania.