What TV are you watching (2020)?

I’m predicting Tiger King Joe Exotic Netflix show with Nicolas Cage will be popular, probably good, but don’t know.

Supernatural’s Impalas are being taken from Vancouver to Texas on a road trip. Fans reporting sightings along the route, this one from Colorado.

1 Like

I figured you were the world’s only remaining Supernatural fan. :grin:

Not even in Taipei. We are planning a big gathering to watch the final episode but they are leaning somewhere down South. There are two fan clubs that I know of in Taiwan, more fans down South.

Well, MacGyver was huge here, so I guess it kind of makes sense.

Yet they have almost no Trekkies and I have yet to find a Dune Taiwanese fan.

Too highbrow? :thinking:

The language in Star Trek is complex, as are the issues. And Dune is complicated. Yet you find LOTR fans. I dunno.

I put that one down to the huge popularity of the movies, and the fact that they were so well done.

1 Like

I like watching NHK World (MOD 560) from Japan.

All day Sundays mostly life and travels in Japan. Sound on or off while listening to music or something. Has English subtitles.

And Japan Railway Journal on random times during the week.

1 Like

:sob: I do the same. NHK, Waku Waku Japan, GS, whatever is showing Japanese travel.

Heck, even CTS Japanese lessons.

Watching ‘Last Dance’ the mini-doc series about Michael Jordan (infinitely better than that other huge mini-doc series ‘Tiger King’ :sunglasses: ).

2 Likes

The Comey Rule. Fictional reenactment About FBI Director Comey, Trump, etc.

Series premiere 2 episodes on FX HD local TV station MOD channel 621 10pm tonight.

Tomorrow 8pm first 2 episodes repeat plus 2 more episodes.

Will probably have some more repeats.

Dumber & Dumbest…

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1310566080478314497

1 Like

He was doing legitimate acting long before Dumper.

Starts during the campaign.

I was referring here to his real-life character.

Stretched it out as long as I could, but Sunday afternoon I finally finished S4 of The Expanse.

I thought season 4 was a bit of a letdown, for a couple reasons. First reason is that the struggles among Holden, the Belters, and RCE on the gate planet Ilus dimininished the scope of the series, which in S1-3 was about the nature of the protomolecule, it’s utility as a weapon that could be controlled by humans, and attempts by all 3 parties (Earth, Mars, the Belt) to get a piece of this new weapon. That changed (the scope grew great again) at the end of the tenth episode with eight stealth asteroids launched at Earth by Naomi’s ex.

Second, season 4 borrowed too much American soap opera-ish exposition to get to the end of episode 10. I was disappointed in the number of discussions among various parties that were too close to, say, As The World Turns, in their nature. It wasn’t bad at all, it was just a disappointing change from the first three seasons, which were exceptional.

Just quibbling, though. I think this is the best science fiction I’ve seen on television since The Outer Limits on ABC 55 years ago. The overall quality is something I’d have expected only from HBO.

1 Like

The Son, didn’t look great before when I clicked past, but tonight seems good. I might have to start this from the beginning. Also on FX HD MOD 621.

The first of 4 hours just started.

I’m enjoying it. Insight into inner workings of government.

Just don’t forget that it’s fiction…

1 Like