What TV shows are you watching (2021)?

I’m guessing it has something to do with the studio. I wouldn’t really he surprised if the host was Conan (if this were filmed later this year) as I hear he left TBS to host a show on HBO.

So you did watch it…or at least the trailer.

I watched like the first 4 mintues leading up to James Corden, after he showed up I turned it off.

I never saw it when it first came out, as it wasn’t on Taiwanese TV- didn’t start watching it until reruns in the 2010s, so while I liked it, I didn’t have any particular emotional attachment to any of the characters. I guess a lot of people did.

The reruns on Taiwanese TV started much earlier than that.

Did they? I must have watched them earlier, because I remember seeing episodes where there were situations involving gays, and Warner Brothers on MOD (CH 616) doesn’t allow any depiction of gays, presumably because it broadcasts into SE Asia and their governments ban such stuff.
I remember one episode where Ross and Rachel have a hot nanny, and Joey keeps trying to hit on her. Her girlfriend shows up at the door and they engage in a passionate kiss- ha ha ha the kicker is she’s actually a lesbian- except they cut out the kiss, so it makes no sense.
Another episode has Rachel meeting an old sorority friend, and tells Phoebe she is uncomfortable seeing her because they engaged in a necking session in college. Phoebe doesn’t believe goody-goody Rachel would have done such a thing, and all through lunch the friend claims not to remember it either. To jog her memory, Rachel plants a passionate kiss on her, and the friend (who is about to get married) declares she has always been passionately in love with Rachel. It ends awkwardly. In the final scene Phoebe gives Rachel a big kiss, “just to see what the fuss was all about.”
(Phoebe’s evaluation: “Meh. I’ve had better.”)
Now, imagine that with all references and examples of gay sex cut out.
(Don’t get me started on what they did with David and Patrick on Schitt’s Creek.)

I just caught it on tv. It was not good. 70% of it was cringe-inducing.

I watched about 15 minutes…that was all I could take. It was like watching a creepy high school reunion of people you don’t know.

1 Like

Friends is still huge here, in not only in marketing tshirts and hoodies. Kids in high school wear there…willingly.

Watching some new Tom Clancy movie on Prime. Action adventure starting off in Aleppo, Syria with Russian military killed by suppastah American seal team. Ooohh, no they dinnit!

My kids like anime and I am forced to watch sometimes. The ones I’ve liked most so far are One Punch Man and Devil is a Part-timer. And the first couple seasons of My Hero Academia. Death Note was pretty good, too.

1 Like

Shtisel

I wasn’t sure about this show. That feeling lasted about 2 minutes. 3 seasons on Netflix.

So … you turned it off after two minutes in disgust? Or instantly fell in love with it?

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Still watching Loudermilk on Prime. It can be laugh out loud funny.

Just finished the 4 part Challenger documentary on Netflix. You can see it all in 2 nights (or 1 night if you’re a mad man). Highly recommend it. Warning: It’s infuriating to see empty suit managers overrule engineers who were warning not to launch. And still not show any guilt 35 years later.

1 Like

The 80s manes on those ladies!

What was with the feathered look? Why did people think that was attractive?

1 Like

Homo sapiens mano a mano with Mother Nature.

Ah the famous plastic nipples poster!

That one and this one. Yazoinks. Ah nostalgia and Spencer’s.

1 Like