What TV shows are you watching (2022)

That’s a whole year away. I asked Arquette and she said they haven’t even started filming yet.

Some, but less than I hoped. Mainly we learned a lot more about Helly’s outie background. Info about Gemma/ Ms. Casey has reached the outside world, and Irving apparently is investigating Lumon. We also learned that Burt has a real outside life and apparently did retire - something I wasn’t sure of at all. I was half expecting Burt to appear on a slab or in a morgue.

I’m starting to wonder if the outside world really is the outside world. The doula and Mark’s sister Devon seem the only moderately normal people. That moment when the other friend was going on about “I’m the one who found her!” with the baby: we may have a couple of different cults going on here, or a whole community that’s been partially lobotomized and don’t know it.

It’s the kind of show that’s well worth a rewatch, but I’ll probably wait until just before Season 2.

Wait, you asked Arquette?! Damn I’ve got a dull job.

Interesting at start, but it just slows down too much. Dragging it out. Vibes of Lost minus.

Read that as a cultish dude who was way too much into the book, wanting to prove himself to the author.

S2 supposed to go into production end of 2022. So it will be a long wait.

1 Like

Just saw squid game. Not too shabby

I’m on a Korean binge lately,

Any suggestions for the next show (not movie)

I’ve seen kingdom, all of us are dead, hellbound, and squid game

Thinking about starting silent sea,sweet home, or Sisyphus

Better Call Saul, 3 new episodes for season 6 on Netflix, new episodes weekly to finish this Breaking Bad prequel that I have enjoyed. Hope they stick the landing!

3 Likes

Found the first two episodes really confusing. I guess I forgot everything from the previous season…

1 Like

also trending on Netflix now, so other people might have found a solution…

It’s been two years. No wonder.

1 Like

Yeah, but rewatching the last season would basically be admitting defeat. :sweat_smile:

That makes me feel slightly better. I can’t even remember how long ago it was…

1 Like

I checked IMDb. I actually thought it was longer than that, but nope, last season ended April 2020.

1 Like

Everyone is recommending Severance. Guess I gotta watch it….

I am watching Moon Knight and it’s great. So far I’m enjoying the MCU shows on Disney + a lot more than the generic MCU blockbusters in theaters.

1 Like

What I “remember” is Nacho is trying to protect his dad from having to pay for his sins whatever the cost and Jimmy and Kim are trying to get back at Dewey, Cheatam, and Howe for stealing a lucrative lawsuit from them and short-changing a bunch of old people in the process. Could be way off though.

1 Like

It is excellent. Best first season I’ve seen in a while I think, and there’s been some really good TV in the past few years.

Good thing is it’s not a slow start. If you don’t enjoy episode one, don’t bother sticking around.

Bad thing is there are heavy Lost vibes, and there’s a non-zero chance the 2025 TV thread will have us moaning about the squandering of such great potential.

Amen to that. Great tv show . . . though I thought I was going to hate it at first.

You’re doing a helluva lot better than me.

Heavy Lost vibes is a good thing…as long as there’s no Lost ending.

2 Likes

That remains to be seen when somebody with a better head on their shoulders shows up and sets the record straight.

Well, I took your recap at face value, so you’re way ahead of me.

This Nacho storyline had a great scene at the end of E3, but there was some pretty headscratching stuff in how it got there. It doesn’t make much sense to me. Even that scene had some off center points when you dig into it (as me and a buddy have been doing for some years)

Well, exactly. I still think those first seasons of Lost were excellent, and there were great moments all the way through.

And to be honest the ending has improved with age, due in part to Game of Thrones “hold my beer” response upon learning that Lost’s ending has disappointed fans.

1 Like