What TV shows are you watching (2022)

“Wow, sorry! I didn’t know that was your US$1000.000,000, Mr Bezos.”

There. Fixed your punctuation. Now you can pretend to be an adult.

X-Files 2.7, vampire episode!

Great direction again, looking on IMDB I see it’s the same guy again :slightly_smiling_face:

2.20 Episodes like this are why this show is brilliant. Funny, sexy, scary, great writing and direction.

A bit campy, but that’s part of the charm of some of the episodes

2 Likes

Contra Kai season 5 is on netflix. Only watched the first two so far, and they are alright. Nothing amazing so far. They are still setting up the background after the fallout of the All Valley from season 4.

The most touching bit would be Miguel seeing that Johnny came looking for him. Very touching moment.

Johnny facing an MMA fighter is a good fight as well.

The Rings of Power was getting so many bad reviews that Amazon blocked reviews for 3 days.

Amazon also happens to have produced the show supposedly for nearly USD $1 billion. They are blaming bad reviews on bots.

First episode made me brain dead, I don’t think I can watch another.

2 Likes

OK, now I have to watch it to see just how bad it is… :sweat_smile:

It depends what you like. It’s absolutely gorgeous. But they’ve got five seasons and they know it - which means they’re taking their time.

I liked the first two episodes a lot. The third had me a little nervous with its apparent assumptions that the audience is going to already care about these characters, when in some cases there’s no reason to do so yet.

But I’m deep into Tolkien and the associated lore. For me, seeing these locations is the same as I felt when I saw Fellowship of the Ring, in the sense of “Oh wow, they pulled it off!” Most others aren’t going to feel that way.

2 Likes

I felt this way in the first episode like they’re just pushing it pushing and pushing it

Fair.

It’s not far off the prologue at the beginning of the film of Fellowship. For both the show and the film, for me, it was moment after moment of “Oh wow, it’s him! It’s her! It’s that place! And that scene!” But for many in the audience, it’s going to be more “Wait, what? Why should I care?”

1 Like

Ohhhh that’s a bingo

3.3 Directed by Kim Manners, who has made a few of the better episodes so far. Nice dash of comedy. Guest starring Jack Black and Giovanni Ribisi!

Also using these great songs:

3.12 cockroaches from outer space episode. This one is hilarious

Dr. Bambi Berenbaum: Oh my god.

Mulder: Is it abnormal?

Dr. Bambi Berenbaum: I’ll say. He’s hung like a club-tail dragonfly

3.13, directed by Rob Bowman and OMG THAT’S RYAN REYNOLDS !!!

1 Like

X-Files

Season 1 have watched the first 4 episodes and I’m not feeling it.

Some things I don’t like. The constant eerie music even when nothing is happening like just walking down the sidewalk, the fake gaslight tense situations like a book falling off the shelf, the constant conflicts on the show where people just yell and fight for no reason which is another gas light which has nothing to do with making it a paranormal situation.

I have yet to look forward to watching another episode I keep trying.

It may be dated now. It is 30 years old. I think it still holds up pretty well though. And the first 3 seasons are supposed to be the best of the series, so if you’re not liking it now…

1 Like

Why not just watch the episodes I’m singling out as good ones?

2 Likes

Yeah I should probably watch the ones you recommend. I just thought it would be a good idea to start at the beginning and go through the whole series through the next few months of potentially cold wet weather.

Worth a shot, but if you don’t like it you don’t like it. I think the first 4 episodes isn’t a great way to gauge the series, and I find the grand narrative alien conspiracy a bit ho-hum, but some of the stand alone episodes are great. It helps to appreciate the comedy and camp.

I’m also doing other things. Yesterday I let a boring episode run while I went to 7-11, sometimes I’m in the shower, at the very least I’m on my phone!

1 Like

Has it aged well though? X-Files? There are many great shows from back in the day, but sometimes when I start watching I find they are really not what they were back then. I have not tried X-Files though.

I’m enjoying it. Ryan Reynolds has definitely aged well!

Thanks, I will give it a download on your recommendation!

I’ve also been posting my favorite episodes, above, and already mention sometimes I wander into the shower or off to the store during a boring episode. 500+ there’s gonna be some that aren’t as good…

2 Likes