What was I thinking?

[quote=“Namahottie”]So, here’s the deal. I just bought a used dryer off of someone. I thought that lady luck was on my side. It came just when the first cold spell comes. YEA!!!

If I can’t save it, where can I dump it?:help:

Thanks for the help :rainbow:[/quote]

Get rid of it. Your electricity bill will explode if its one of those old green ones. I suggest you buy more clothes and give the others time to dry :wink:

[quote=“engerim”][quote=“Namahottie”]So, here’s the deal. I just bought a used dryer off of someone. I thought that lady luck was on my side. It came just when the first cold spell comes. YEA!!!

If I can’t save it, where can I dump it?:help:

Thanks for the help :rainbow:[/quote]

Get rid of it. Your electricity bill will explode if its one of those old green ones. I suggest you buy more clothes and give the others time to dry :wink:[/quote]

mucha man i can break the rules on f.com to anwser your question :wink:

yep it’s an old green national one. and it doesn’t have a 120 mintues on it. just 60. it’s suppose to have sensor in it that makes it turn off when the clothes are dry but it didn’t. the first night i used it, it went all night, still hot to touch but still very damp. then i let it run all day while at work. nope didn’t do the trick. i think i will just by a new dryer. as buying new clothes is not in the cards for me. i don’t fit taiwanese clothes very well, hard to find my size, nor do i care to be a 33 year old mickey mouse wearing lace that says ‘color me happy as the long day goes by’ type of woman. :smiley:

but i am really greatful for all of your posts. your generousity(sp) has been a blessing. thanks kisses

:laughing: Hahaha! Sorry Nama, that is just so funny :-). If you want to go second hand, go to the second hand furniture street right under the Zhong Zheng Bridge from Yonghe. I got some really great deals on used furniture that sometimes was as good as new. They also deliver with the price. Can haggle.

Oh, our dryer and fridge is Japanese :wink:

:laughing: Hahaha! Sorry Nama, that is just so funny :-). If you want to go second hand, go to the second hand furniture street right under the Zhong Zheng Bridge from Yonghe. I got some really great deals on used furniture that sometimes was as good as new. They also deliver with the price. Can haggle.

Oh, our dryer and fridge is Japanese :wink:[/quote]

oh i can find a dryer oveer there? redundant questiion but just checking before i make the hike. im on a mission now :smiley: :laughing:

We shipped a Sears (Whirlpool) washer & dryer with us to Taiwan, The dryer was 110 volts. Both units apartment size - small loads. The dryer worked well enough. For regular household use over the years we always used gas dryers, just seemed more efficient.

In the apartments we stayed, before and after we had access to our household goods, they had Maytag commercial dryers. Really nice, full dryer loads quickly. Using the fabric sheets produced the soft clothes previously mentioned. I especially liked the fluffy towels.

I was unimpressed by the dryer selection in the department stores in Taiwan. Those and the microwaves were major stone age.

For what it’s worth (not much I’m sure) my sympathy Namahottie.

OOC

I wish I could ship a dryer and washer from the states. But alas, Santa aint gonna be that nice to me this christmas. I’m going to look over at the Zhong Zhen bridge area and consider the one’s at costco and carrefore,etc.

Ahh, wish me luck. :s :wink:

Good luck and may your clothes soon be April fresh! :slight_smile:

Try this:

Heat the clothes as hot as possible in the “dyer”, and then hang them in a room where you run the dehumifier at full speed and a fan blowing at the clothes. I think that would help to get rid of the humidity in the clothes.

Just speculating…

Namahottie,
I’d buy a hair dryer and a Phillipina maid! Fit in.

No surprise that dryers are shit here. You may not understand Taiwan enough to realise that things are supposed to be shit, and it is your fault for knowing better! TSK, you and your educated ways! Try thinking less, that seems to be the motto be jour! :smiley:

[quote=“TomHill”]Namahottie,
I’d buy a hair dryer and a Phillipina maid! Fit in.

No surprise that dryers are shit here. You may not understand Taiwan enough to realise that things are supposed to be shit, and it is your fault for knowing better! TSK, you and your educated ways! Try thinking less, that seems to be the motto be jour! :smiley:[/quote]

Well I’ll be dammed, they were always right when they said my diploma was actually my receipt. :laughing: :laughing:

Well the force has been with me. That’s what happens when you have a motto. Mine lately has been “Make it work”. So, I was out walking the dog, and I always pass this 2nd hand store about 2 blks from my house, with a dryer sitting outside. So, I finally get the gump to go in and ask about it. Well low and behold there’s a Sampo inside. I check it out. Bring a wet piece of clothing to test it. And after 20 mintues, wala —a dried piece of clothing. I think it’s a 7 kg, as the drum is pretty big. But all and all I can get on my knees tonight and thank Jesus again for the blessing. And finishing my washing as it will be delivered tonight. :laughing:

Thanks to all you guys. Again, the spirit of forumosa lived up to it’s intention!!! kisses

Just remeber that the ‘Forumosa Fuzzy Feeling’ warranty turns into a "Formuosa Laugh-in’ voucher when the new dryer fails to dry 2 hankies in a 24 hour time period!

Go back to “Am I wrong” so I can let you know about it there :laughing: :laughing: