What will you do and eat for Lunisolar New Year? Hot Pot, Beach or Sing?

I will have a family Hot Pot and go to the temple & Beach, what will others here eat and do?

I’m going to start cooking for myself again.

And I’m going to play a lot of piano on account of I buyed myself a new piano.

And photos. There’ll be a lot of photos.

7 Likes

Not much. Drift around the country for shits and giggles.

And see the MP for CNY dinner.

3 Likes

I dislike hot pots, temples and beaches, but I do rather enjoy singing. So maybe a night of KTV.

2 Likes

What’s your go to song big J?

Purple Rain, White Wedding and American Pie. All within my range. I hate it when my gay buddy wants to sing ABBA. That shit is hard.

2 Likes

Yeah but when they drop Dancing Queen…dems the feelz.

American Pie is a great choice.

I love ABBA, and love that song, but it’s extremely difficult to sing, even if you change the key. And they don’t have much else. I could easily handle “Fernando” or “Knowing Me Knowing You”, but they never have those.

2 Likes
  1. I will delete all these work related issues including my boss in my head…I hope holiday start tomorrow…

2. Will hug my baby niece, play and watch never ending coco melon and dave and ava on YT.

3. Webpage shopping…:grin:

4. Coffee date with my Son.

5. More Laundry as usual…

4 Likes

I had hoped to finish cleaning out my place before the holidays. Alas, it is an ambitious task.

My plans include mostly sleeping, eating, walking the dog weather permitting, reading, watching Enterprise, and hopefully selecting stuff to throw away after the holidays.

3 Likes

Does KTV have this kind of thing now? Might need to put that on the list.

Drinking with fam on NYE, relaxing, forgetting about work, mucking about with immediate family, and meeting friends the rest of time.

2 Likes

Eating food that we have left to let go cold so the ancestors can eat it first. I used to put in effort to eat all the nasty shit. I no longer care what everyone else thinks and just eat what I want. 90% of the only holiday I get all year is taken up by traditions that I don’t believe in, so I’m not going to ruin it even more by forcing myself to eat whatever lucky green slop is being served.

I might bring my own dish. I’m thinking Beijing duck.

5 Likes

Same here. But now I have the little one as an excuse to make myself rare :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this is my plan for the holidays.

2 Likes

You plan to clean out @Icon’s place?

Good luck.

7 Likes

KTV and MTV have Abba

Thanks, but that doesn’t help :slight_smile: There’s always been Abba!

Drinking and mahjong. Now the grandparents are old, i win often. Feels good :slight_smile: food is often an afterthought but wouldnt mind some stinky radish cake.

Mahjong is a game of pure luck. It’s like rummy, but with tiles. It requires minimal skill.

Sort of. I consistently lost pre dimnetia mind you.

1 Like