What would you do if an adult hit your kid at school(Update)

I am pissed beyond believe! :fume:

Tonight I gave my son a shower only to find serious bruises on both his upper arms. I asked him what’s that? He says the father of one of his classmate, came IN the school while he was playing in the courtyard and grabed him, told him not to use marker to write on his daughter’s hand, which he says he didn’t do (and I believe him), the guy says to him “I’ll give you one last chance” and left.

I asked him why he didn’t reported it right away to the teacher or called me, he said he was scared.

I called the teacher right away, she says she remember the father coming iin but hasn’t seen anything. I ask her to give me the address of this guy and she will later tonight.

Now I am just trying to calm down here, I understand it’s not a good idea for me to go there tonight because I might just BREAK BOTH HIS F@*&%@G HANDS :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume:
So, ohter options, go to the cops, show them the pictures I took tonight of his arms and complaint or get my wife to handle it.

OK, please…ideas options, I know I’ve got to do something, I am not letting this go, no F$#@#$g way.

[quote]Now I am just trying to calm down here, I understand it’s not a good idea for me to go there tonight…

So, ohter options, go to the cops, show them the pictures I took tonight of his arms and complaint or get my wife to handle it.
OK, please…ideas options, I know I’ve got to do something, I am not letting this go, [/quote]

OK. Your anger is justifiable. But, first, calm right down. You’ve got pictures. Your son’s teacher is aware. Call the teacher back and tell her you want to speak to the school principal…tonight. Tell the teacher that you are considering going to the police and filing a report. Wait for the principal’s phone call.

But please, do not go to the parent’s house. What are you going to do? Kick his ass? Go to jail? Beat his kid up? Get my point? Think it out. :slight_smile:

Anyway. Your son is ok. You’ve got your proof. No need to kick this guy’s ass…yet. Let the teacher and principal do their jobs first.

And please, if it were me, I’d be just as mad as you are. This is not a time to let emotions get the best of you.

Peace and I’m glad your son is ok.

jds

How did merely grabbing him result in “serious bruises”?

[quote=“jdsmith”]But please, do not go to the parent’s house. What are you going to do? Kick his ass? Go to jail? Beat his kid up? Get my point? Think it out. :slight_smile:

Anyway. Your son is ok. You’ve got your proof. No need to kick this guy’s ass…yet. Let the teacher and principal do their jobs first.[/quote]

This is sound advice, jd. Igorveni, I understand your anger and going to this assholes house won’t solve anything. In fact, it would almost certainly lead to you cracking his head open. It would feel good for a few minutes until the cops come and throw your butt in jail.
This is just me, but I would wait a day or two until I could calm down a bit. Then I would visit the father and calmly explain to him that if he hurts my son again I will visit him with a baseball bat. It would definately make him think twice before touching your son again.

*disclaimer: I do not normally advocate violence ,but this story really pissed me off. :fume:

Well, look, if he’s giving his kid a shower…he’s what? 4 or 5or 6 years old.

A grown angry parent grabbing and holding a little kid can cause bruising…easily.

Hmm…yeah I suppose. But I mean he’d really have to be wringing him like a turkey at thanksgiving. I mean I’ve grabbed kids, and I’m sure lot of other teachers have as well (I know, I know, I shouldn’t) and i didn’t leave bruises. That i know of. :blush:

OK, JD and FunkyM, I know you are right, going to his house isn’t solving anything, although it was the first thing that came to mind, my wife is calling the teacher and getting the principal’s phone number, I am definitly going to the police and will file a report on that, it happened in the school for christ sake :fume: :fume:
Josefus, my son is 7, if an adult grab a kid and squeeze with enough force and it doesn’t have to be much, you’ve got bruises, I can easely see the fingers marks on his arms.

That is why I would not want my (yet to be born) kids attend school in Taiwan. If it’s not the teachers, it will be some other parent, grand parents, uncles, aunts or neighbours…somebody will hit them someday and I would have to kill that person… :noway: :noway:

There is no point in getting violent with the guy who grabbed your kid. It would only hurt your chances with the police and perhaps start a cycle of violence that could lead anywhere. For starters I wouldn’t be so sure that if you go to his house he will be the one to get a beating. Fuckface and his five drunk buddies might just give you one.

Not sure why anyone is advising against going to the police right away though. Wouldn’t it be better to make a statement while the bruises and the memories are fresh. It would also give you the feeling that you were “doing” something about the situation.

[quote=“bob”]There is no point in getting violent with the guy who grabbed your kid. It would only hurt your chances with the police and perhaps start a cycle of violence that could lead anywhere. For starters I wouldn’t be so sure that if you go to his house he will be the one to get a beating. Fuckface and his five drunk buddies might just give you one.

Not sure why anyone is advising against going to the police right away though. Wouldn’t it be better to make a statement while the bruises and the memories are fresh. It would also give you the feeling that you were “doing” something about the situation.[/quote]

Well Bob, he does have the pictures. Let the school officials do their jobs…and if it doesn’t work out…Monday morning…police station.:slight_smile:

I’m sorry, but this is outrageous and a gross generalization.

grabbing and threatening your kid? police.

igor

This is fucking outrageous! Didn’t anyone else see this happen - a teacher, another student - and report it?

jdsmith, I think you are wrong. There’s every chance the school “authorities” will try to brush this under the carpet to “save face”,ie cover their own sorry arses.

Go straight to the police, igor. If they - or the school - drag the chain, threaten to go to the press, or to get your local legislator involved.

Whilst I don’t advocate justice being played out in the court of public opinion, hopefully the threat alone will get results.

:fume:

I would take pictures and raise hell at the school.

Also figure out what you actually want from this which would make you feel justice had been served - eg an apology from the parent to your son? Better supervision at the school? Parent to be threatened/charged by police? etc.

Well, I don’t think I’m wrong. Let’s not automatically assume that all school officals are incompetent, shall we? Give them time to do their thing.

If they do their thing correctly, they will contact the police anyway IMHO.

If not, like I said, Monday morning, he should go to the police. The bruises will still be there.

(ps-edit) The reason I say this is that from where I stand, as a buxiban owner, if this happened at my school, I’d want the parent to call me first so I could get t the bottom of it…not to cover anything up. If the press showed up at my front door asking questions that I couldn’t answer, I’d be more pissed, and by then it would be impossible to do things right. The police should definately be called here. I just saying, use the proper channel…and it’s not channel 55 TVBS.

On a side note, igorveni, take your son to a doctor and get these bruises offcially documented.

Good luck.

Taiwanese parents complain about and get action on this kind of abuse all the time. There was just a case in Yonghe last week where a teacher whacked a student with some kind of bat. The parents filed charges, there have been discplinary hearings, it has been in the papers, and the teacher is begging for her job. I’m sorry to say that she may get it back, but the case was hardly swept under the carpet.

You should file a police report. You probably should have gone to the hospital to get the injuries documented. Your wife should call the school and mention that Apple Daily is interested in the story. Also have her call the service office of one of your local legislators.

Do not confront or threaten the other party. This is not good strategy and it could also be dangerous.

Most important, keep us posted on the progress.

Thanks to everyone, I went to the police last night actually since I just couldn’t wait and do nothing, I brought my camera with the pictures. The guy said I need to go to a public hospital and get the doctor to fill a “A” form and take snap shots since mine are not admissible. Then with that report go to the principal and ask him to handle it, if nothing happens he said I’ve got 6 months to press charges.
I don’t want to sue the guy, all I want is an appology to my son and a promise it’s never gonna happen again plus better security in school.
I have never had any problems whatsoever with this school before, I just to know that my son is safe while in school’s care.
Thanks again to everyone, I am off to the hospital.

Good for you.

Out of curiosity…what, if anything, is the school doing?

Good luck, Igor! I’m glad your son wasn’t hurt more severely, but sorry that he went through this at all. I hope you resolve it quickly with the principal and parents.

I met you and your son at Playspace once and remember being very impressed that you were such a hands-on dad. Your boy seemed like a very nice young man and my son enjoyed his company.

All you want is an apology? An apology isn’t going to teach that a**hole anything, and it certainly isn’t going to make him think twice about laying his hands like that on another child, be it his daughter or someone else’s. File charges against him and/or sue. He won’t get the message until he gets it where it hurts, either by being convicted of a crime or in the pocketbook. I hope by the time you’ve read this message you’ve already gone to the hospital and had everything documented by a doctor. Bruises can heal fast so it’s not a good idea to wait.