What would you do?

Me too! Absolutely HATE it!

Another agreement my wife and I have. She doesn’t ask me to go with her when she goes clothes shopping and I won’t ask her to go with me to look at cars or go to the computer market! LOL

3 Likes

What shit? Not hanging out with your wife and her girlfriends? Sorry, I’m not pussy-whipped to the degree that I’d put up with that. “You go hang with your friends, Honey. I’m going to watch rugby and drink beer with my mates.”
Does that strike you as particularly outrageous?

4 Likes

If i had a bitcoin for each shocked/disbelieving reaction I got to not liking hot pot during my years in Taiwan…

2 Likes

I stopped using that term when I was a kid in university. :roll_eyes:

It’s not about being “pussy whipped.” It’s about doing a solid for your wife/gf, and then she does a solid for you. You want a night out with the guys? Well, see what she wants… maybe she wants you to meet her friends or watch that new chick-flick or whatever. It’s not being a cuck or “pussy whipped.” It’s just being a good partner ffs. Women appreciate that and it makes a relationship stronger.

10 Likes

Imho, if you’re watching rugby instead of hanging out with her and her friends, then you might be moving more east/west and less north/south than you think. During NFL season, fo sho.

Possibly controversial opinion in these parts, I reckon. :grin:

At least you can watch the rugby at a decent hour :slight_smile:

No doubt. Fashion shows, too. More chance of a collision, surely. :smile:

You haven’t watched the rugby much, have you :slight_smile: The words “full contact” definitely apply.

Possibly. The words “full collision” do not, though.

It’s all good. There are only a handful of collision sports left, after all (NHL, Aussie rules football, sumo). We’re dinosaurs, I admit.

NFL is a full collision sport, no doubt. They got the pads though, somewhat like models :slight_smile: All good fun! I’m good with those 2 and NHL

1 Like

I used to watch a lot of sumo when it was one of the few sports on TV here. I haven’t watched much in recent years though. A lot of fun for sure. Aussie rules looks like a lot of fun too

Sumo is amazing. Success in sumo is the closest any sport gets to success as qb in the NFL. You have the snap (tachii in sumo), and then you have less than two seconds to react successfully. When it’s not fixed I absolutely love sumo. NHK, too.

2 Likes

I think it’s important to do stuff away from each other. I always encourage it when I can. Good friends are hard to find as you get older.

2 Likes

I agree. This is also important. It’s good to find a balance. You can’t do everything together, but you also can’t do everything separately.

3 Likes

I don’t recall my wife ever asking me to hang out with her friends. I think I’m the last person they’d want around.

5 Likes

I’ve got one of those later today. I’ve met the bride for approximately 10 seconds and will know no one else there. Often we wind up at a vegetarian-dedicated table where my wife won’t know anyone either. So that’ll be fun.

Anyway, the phone is loaded up with crosswords, and maybe I’ll try a one-month free subscription for Apple Arcade. But it’ll definitely be a day when my iPhone SE’s increasingly crap battery life becomes an issue.

I get it mainly for couples or family events: so it’ll be her circle of friends, and their kids, and some of their husbands. By and large they seem like pretty good people and I like them, but my own pathetic Chinese skills make the occasions dull for me.

2 Likes

Let her go without you on these dinners with her friends

I never go

My wife never asks me to attend as some of her friends are real cute

2 Likes

We need a support group fpr the haters of hot pot. The most over rated cuisine of all time.

The free ice cream is it’s only saving grace…

6 Likes

Depends on my mood, sometimes I wouldn’t mind hanging out with her and friends even if I’m mostly excluded, there’s the phone, and you can get in some one-liners here and there. Or sometimes it ain’t happening.

But if someone tried to nag and drag me out, it would be like trying to get a cat in a bathtub.

1 Like

We have no hot pot in the east bay that I know if so I will have one or two next back on the rock