What would you do?

I have been getting these harassing calls for 2 or 3 years day and night. It’s been getting quite annoying and the police say that they can do nothing about it unless I have a recording of them threatening my life. The caller just calls and hangs up 20 or 30 times during the day and also during the evening…no threats just harassment.

I want to sue but by what law can I sue?

How do you deal with a caller like this?

2 or 3 YEARS and you’re just dealing with this?! Change your number. Might be a start.

Surprised!?! I thought it would just go away…guessed wrong!
I’m the LUCKY ONE! :?

That caller should just get a LIFE!!!

Maybe I should get a 0204 number and make a FORTUNE from these calls… :bulb:

This must be a joke, but…
You must know who this is. You jerked someone around big time two or three years ago and they are paying you back. Probably a psycho hsiaojie.

this happened to me before for about a 1 1/2 yrs and I could never figure out who it was…until I broke up w/ my ex and he found another chick soon after that and the annying calls disappear…

that makes the 2 of us, very lucky… NOT!!!

Well, I hope it would go away for you… good luck! :?

i understand that might work… but he shouldn’t have to do that… if the person wants to bother him that bad, once he changed the numbers they will find other methods to bother him… from what you’ve said about sueing them I’m guessing you know who it is…and if he changes his number… the person harrassing him has won… its really the principle of it… honestly if it has been going on this long this is what i would do… if you know a lil about computers you can too… set up the computer to answer the phone and then play back a sound through the line when it answers it…something that mocks the caller and is really annoying… but if you get other calls from other people on your line then that wont work too hot i guess

THE PERSON CALLED YOUR HOME PHONE?
Maybe I am wrong but my friend told me once about you can actually request the callers’ numbers from your local

Unplug your house phone for a month or two and just use your cell phone. Maybe the caller will get tired of not connecting. But if this has been going on for 2 or 3 years then if they can’t reach you via phone are they going to start showing up at work or your apt.?

Your home phone should be a closely guarded secret.

Just change the phonenumber … but do trolls actually have phones?

Does your phone have caller ID? It’s not a guarantee you’ll find out who it is, but you never know.

I’d just change your phone number 2-3 years is ridiculous.

I think you can close down your phone for a few months without losing your number, if the caller finds out it’s disconnected they may stop. When you hook it back up make a recording of you saying this is the Taipei City Police Department or something like that.

Also every time they call you, they are paying for it, they must not worry about the hundreds of dollars they’ve wasted throughout the years. It’s had to have cost them roughly $15,000 over the last two years. I’m estimating at 20 calls a day over 30 days at 1NT per call, that’s $600 a month. What a waste of money…

Even if you unplug the phone the caller will still hear it ring (i.e they don’t know you unplugged it) and may presume you are just not answering. They might just continue calling until you do. Don’t change your number; I agree that if you do they have won. Good luck!

[quote=“Durins Bane”]Unplug your house phone for a month or two and just use your cell phone. Maybe the caller will get tired of not connecting. But if this has been going on for 2 or 3 years then if they can’t reach you via phone are they going to start showing up at work or your apt.?

Your home phone should be a closely guarded secret.[/quote]

No. The caller isn’t going to just show up. Actually SHE thinks that I don’t know who has been calling. Got her number on the Caller ID 3 times but since then she has become smarter. I can’t confront her on this 'cause I have no proof that she’s the one calling all the time.

I tried not answering the phone for a month and it worked for 3 months…but I can’t stop using the phone forever, can I?

Home #: 60 calls/24hrs.
Fax #: 3 calls/24hrs
Office#:1 call/24hrs.
Cellular#: no calls at the moment.

If you change your number you’ve won because you don’t get the calls any more.

I would let them talk to the little boy who lives in my mouth.

This is why I consider hexuan a wise man.

If she is calling your office, are you actually talking to her? If you are then politely tell her that social calls to the office is unacceptable. The same with faxes.

Change the number then tell your work colleagues and friends not to give out your new number to anyone.

Well, I guess I’ll be the first to ask: what connection do you have to this female caller? Ex-girlfriend? What the hell would motivate someone to do this for two or three years? She seems a bit persistent.

If it’s a psycho xiaojie - marry her. I am sure the calls will stop then.

Just had coffee and several dinners together. I guess she wanted more than just being friends. But I’m interested in others girls and she’s not my type. So I let her know that I’m dating other girls and that I like them. I guess jealousy and the feeling why she was rejected really got her angry. I still won’t date her! I like girls that are normal.

I ignore people that become a pain in the AS. And she has become just that-a pain in the AS. Friendships are to be something nice but hers is something out of Hell. :imp:

OVER MY DEAD BODY!!! :finger: PSYCHO XIAOJIE!!!
No way that I’m going to marry someone so crazy as to harass for not sacking her.

wow, you are doing the extreme, but heck, if it works, then might as well do it… :boo-hoo:

u can blow a loud whistle into the mouthpiece if it’s that caller… just my $2 NT.