What

“Son, uh, there ain’t no draft no more.”–Sgt. Hulka

“There was one?” – Cruiser

“Women dig me cause I really wear underwear.” John Winger

On two occassions buying a motorcycle and then deciding to leave Taiwan a couple of months later. Subsequently sold said motorcycles for over NT$20,000 less than I paid for them.

timewise, finding forumosa

Not Learning the local language

rarely, not really! :noway: :slight_smile:

Leaving after the stockmarket crash in 1997. Foolish. (Or was coming back foolish? I dunno. Anyway I never had any money anyway. Still don’t.)

Note I used past tense. Also many foreigners who run businesses in Taiwan don’t have their visa situation straight, so can’t legally be running their business here, but do.

rarely, not really! :noway: :slight_smile:[/quote]

You know…for 20 years that line has confused me!

much thanks :slight_smile:

Once again, Rubicon, you do not even need a visa to own a business here. Be careful about posting info about things you’re not familiar with, because other folks reading the thread might gather incorrect info from the thread. :wink:

Mine will require a book to really explain. Fox’s post did make me feel better though! Keep up the good work Fox :slight_smile:

Lending a Taiwanese friend money due to his ganmbling problem…he later moved to China.

Compound fracture of the lower left leg. Expensive financially, emotionally, and physically.

Made another huge one this afternoon…

My mechanic wanted to “test” my RZ after doing some wiring and he proceeded to dump it 100meters from the bike shop, reducing my pristine RZ into a tortured and bent machine…Pissed off beyond belief but also shocked to see my mechanic get so wracked up right in front of me.

Dislocated shoulder, cuts and scrapes everywhere…Ouch!

I’m so bummed. :frowning:

Well it happened to me… under the older rules a long time ago lol… I had the max 49% of the company but you’ll soon find out that after the missus takes all the cash that 49% of nothing is not a lot…

I suppose taking the bus to Kenting instead of hitch-hiking was a fairly expensive mistake…OH! and once I accidentally told the man at the train station I wanted to go to Taipei from ZhongLi, when I was really going to TaoYuan…that cost me a whole $50NT or so.

Not brushing my teeth properly when I was a kid!

KenTaiwan98

Getting way too wasted at a Taipei club, stumbling out the door at 2am, passing out for an hour, waking up in a daze, deciding home’s where I wanna be, hailing a cab and realizing a couple of minutes into the ride that I live in…Taichung.

Safely home, more or less, in an hour and 20 minutes (he was blasting it on the highway), less NT3500.

By the time I was back I had sobered up, and went to my favorite nightspot in Taichung.

Buffoonery at it’s pickled best!

I was teaching at a high school making NT65,000. Decided to go home for a three week break including Chinese New Year. My boss (new) assured me I would be paid for all this time off. Nope, he was wrong. Cost me a bundle.