What's a VPN that is Torrent Friendly

Install a virtual machine, and run your VPN from inside of that virtual machine. Run torrents from the host or get a cheap laptop for torrenting.

I’m new to Taiwan, previously living in China, so I know the China VPN scene. Astrill always worked for me, but was spotty on my iPhone a few years ago during sensitive holidays or government meetings. Tried Nord and ExpressVPN, but both sucked, but tons of people use ExpressVPN in China and say it’s awesome.

I use Nord here in Taiwan to torrent. Can get reliable speeds with one of their American servers, 4 MB/s, but have got up to 8-9 MB/s if I remember correctly.

1 Like

welcome to the scene here, @unwat

what brought you to this island?

I came here for many reasons… Don’t want to move back home is a big one. After living in China for 6 years I kind of hated it, but the pay was good.

Other reasons:

• Girlfriend is from Taiwan (we met in China).
  • China isn’t as friendly towards foreigners as it used to be. Nor is it friendly towards Taiwanese.
  • Want to go back to school. It’s cheap here.
  • A health problem that I had hoped would improve (it has).
  • Live in a free country where I won’t be arrested without cause.
  • Open internet.
  • More accepting of foreigners.
  • Warmer weather
  • Work environment in China is awful.
  • Don’t like being treated like a zoo animal or circus freak.
  • Big brother gets scarier every day.

I know lots of people consider China as a next move for the better salaries and because they think China can’t be that much different. It’s a nice place to live, especially a bigger city. But I wouldn’t suggest it.

6 Likes

I hope you’ve chosen to live in a big city, or you won’t feel any difference in this aspect :laughing:

Yes, in Taipei now but never had problems when in other cities. Taiwan is loads better everywhere so far. Issue in China is people even in the biggest cities still stare or take sneaky photos because there are tons of tourists year round.

This is a good deal/Sale if you dont have a VPN yet

1 Like

It’s Tor friendly?

What makes surfshark so good?

They pay for marketing.

Disagree. Even the smallest villages in Taiwan are better in terms of this than China.

Okay. We may have had different experiences.
I went as a tourist in both China and smaller cities in Taiwan. I felt like a circus freak in both places, but not in larger cities in Taiwan (at least, not all the time). :smirk:

2 Likes

Everybody has different experiences. It could be the years visited, how old we were or even what kind of a day we were having when we were in each place.

1 Like

There are a lot of VPN that are offering excellent services for torrent lovers, but I am using Ivacy VPN for torrenting and streaming, and it is working great for the last 8 months, So you can try ivacy, It is one of the cheap options also.

Windscribe is free; I’d only torrent with it, as I’m not sure if it protects your privacy.

So, er, my friend, yeah, my friend wants to do some DLing whilst in town.

He wants to be able to do that and then save to the external hard drive.

Best options?

I use this. https://torguard.net/

1 Like

I settled on utorrent.

Made it through S1 of Yellowstone. It’s Soap Opera nonsense, but Costner as bad guy is OK with me, pardner. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Bro. Just so you know. uTorrent is just a downloading program. It has no VPN capabilities. You can absolutely be identified by using it to download. You need to first connect to a VPN to mask your IP and location, then use uTorrent.

I’m a big time uTorrent user.

Semper Fi

2 Likes

No need for a VPN in Taiwan.

ISPs don’t give a crap what you do.

2 Likes