What's going on in Shilin?

There’s like a million people in the Shilin night market. They’ve got a huge portion of the street blocked off with a dj in a mobile stage that says “king of fruits”.

Anyone know whats going on?

1 Like

There’s a big week long event or something at the new ball building

Are people wearing masks?

1 Like

Yes. But they’re packed in like cattle

Damn… same as the fair in Taoyuan.
No one will grow a pair even though 80% don’t want the masks.

Someone told me it’s La Nuit Blanche. I was surprised a couple of years ago about this being celebrated in Taiwan too, I thought it was just a European thing.

You know they call it Taipei but it’s only in Shilin

What is this?

1 Like

Shilin is playing “where’s wally” today. I went out of mrt . Said “nope” and came back .

3 Likes

Nuit Blanche, not all week, just tonight. Very popular annual thing in Taipei each year, different place each year, just happens to be Shilin this year.

2 Likes

You’re like me. I’m a total “nope” at any semblance of a crowd, even when Starbucks is having their monthly buy-1-get-1-free day… let alone something like this.

2 Likes

I was there tonight, completely at random, just walking around with my kid. We couldn’t figure out what all the fuss was about either (or what on earth the King of Fruit … was). There were also hundreds of people wandering in and out of the theater in the new department store with the huge ball on the side, for no apparent reason.

Uhh…the Performing Arts Center?

1 Like

There’s a department store attached to the new performing arts center?

1 Like

Oh, the whole thing is a performing arts center? I just sort of assumed it was a department store.

1 Like
3 Likes

Durian?

They probably should tear down the buildings in that street.

1 Like

Shilin’s commercial district is revitalized as hundreds of thousands participate in arts festival
formosa tv

2 Likes