What's in Hualian to see?

[quote=“cestmoi”]Nice hotel! What was the name? If you can remember it, would be great!

Thanks![/quote]

Nope, sorry, I don’t remember, but it’s the main and best hotel in Hualien up on the hill slightly to the south of the town itself.

That’s the Farglory hotel. I stayed there last month with the wife and kids.
Nice place with good buffets, indoor and outdoor pools.
The outdoor pool is beautiful at night.
You got yer swim up bar, yer basketball hoop . . .
Indoor is more for laps, kiddie pool and spa stuff.

[quote=“zender”]That’s the Farglory hotel. I stayed there last month with the wife and kids.
Indoor is more for laps, kiddie pool and spa stuff.[/quote]

That’s the one. And yes, the buffets are simply divine! Especially liked their breakfast buffet.

[quote=“zender”]That’s the Farglory hotel. I stayed there last month with the wife and kids.
Indoor is more for laps, kiddie pool and spa stuff.[/quote]

Ahhh, cool. That’s the first hotel that my fiancee suggested we stay at… apparently that is the hotel that is closest to the overpriced Ocean Park that Ecaps has a big aversion to! :slight_smile:

I was going to pass on that hotel since I managed to convince my fiancee NOT to go to Ocean Park. But now, hopefully Farglory will be just as pretty in December as the photo that was posted by Bismark.

Overpriced? I just went there. Tickets are about 900 NT, which includes basically everything in the park except food, video games and obvious extras like squid for feeding the seals. In San Diego, by contrast, Sea World costs 65 bucks. Tickets for the cable car is extra… at Farglory, they’re free and you don’t even need to get off unless there’s a line (we went up and back like six times!) In San Diego, tickets for Scripps Aquarium cost about 17 bucks. The aquarium at Farglory is vastly superior and included in the price of the ticket. So to say this place is over-priced… I’d have to disagree. If you’ve got a family and are looking for a great way to spend a day or two in Hualien, I highly recommend it.