What's the Cheapest Way to Send Money Back to the USA?

Good find. I was going to write them… Let this thread know if it works.

I clicked NTD and a box popped up notifying that I could submit an email address and they would notify me when they started doing NTD transactions. I signed up because I am interested but haven’t even had a spammy email yet. Writing them would be a good verification that their website was accurate though.

Has anyone used Transferwise yet?

Hey… just gonna bump this old thread. I have heard some people talk about how Yu Shan ( E. Sun) or “Jade Mountain” if you want to translate it directly, bank offers PayPal accounts with very cheap exchange fees. I haven’t heard about what the rates are and that perhaps you can only exchange relatively small amounts of money. Does anyone have experience with this? Heard one person say it’s only $1.50 USD to transfer the money but they did not have details on the rate or whether it was a flat fee and they seemed to think that it’s not really possible to exchange large amounts, even a few thousand dollars. Would appreciate it if anyone with experience with this could chime in. Thanks.

I heard someone claim they could do it this way. I’ve only done it with checks in US$ and works fine. I do it all with smartphone app.

1. Have a check written in Taiwan dollars.
  2. Take a picture of check and upload as deposit into USA account using banking app.
  3. Destroy check after cleared and deposited into account.

I guess theoretically it functions the same as mailing a Taiwan check to your bank at home.