What's the Deal with the Stickers 7-11 is Giving Me?

Can I save them an exchange them for goods?

Yes, there should be some little booklets near the cash register. You stick the stickers in there. When it’s full you can exchange it for some useless crap you don’t need.

An electric fan in the shape of Doraemon is the latest. Fricking waste of fossil fuel.
This shit is why the earth will rid itself of the human parasite.

1. Petroleum is drilled and transported to a refinery.
  2. Crude oil and natural gas are refined into ethane, propane, hundreds of other petrochemical products and, of course, fuel for your car.
  3. Ethane and propane are “cracked” into ethylene and propylene, using high-temperature furnaces.
  4. Catalyst is combined with ethylene or propylene in a reactor, resulting in “fluff,” a powdered material (polymer) resembling laundry detergent.
  5. Fluff is combined with additives in a continuous blender.
  6. Polymer is fed to an extruder where it is melted.
  7. Melted plastic is cooled then fed to a pelletizer that cuts the product into small pellets.
  8. Pellets are shipped to customers.
  9. Customers manufacture plastic products by using processes such as extrusion, injection molding, blow molding, etc.
    10. Design and manufacture plastic Doraemon fan.

You forgot stage 11: cracking plant catches fire and wipes out what little remains of the fragile ecosystem it was built on, probably while a lone dolphin watches from the bay and sheds a single tear.

It appears to be traditional to send at least one plastics plant up in smoke once a year. Kinda like the modern version of burning ghost money, I guess. Perhaps this ensures the ol’ ancestors get little doraemon fans in the afterlife.

They offer a plethora of top quality products that will surely put a smile on your face. Nothing like exchanging 8 (or is it 10?) stickers for a free slurpee. 600NT or something in “stickers” for a 20NT slurpee :slight_smile:

Hey, man. I have four stickers already! I’m halfway (or almost halfway) to my free slurpee!

It’s more free stuff than 7-11 in the US or Korea ever gave me!

kbaileyoakes, true, I never saw any promotions in Australia at corner stores, but I am just a cynical bastard. I’d say the same thing if they ran it in Australia also :wink:.

Yes, there should be some little booklets near the cash register. You stick the stickers in there. When it’s full you can exchange it for some useless crap you don’t need.

An electric fan in the shape of Doraemon is the latest. Fricking waste of fossil fuel.
This shit is why the earth will rid itself of the human parasite.

[/b][/quote]

Speaking of wasting fossil fuel, I had witnessed a fat ass Diamond Bar PD burning gas by left his crown victoria shit with v8 engine on all the time while he was having lunch. When I walked out from Albertson, they packed my stuff with hundred double-layered plastic bags, and thousand catchups and hot sauces when I walked out from Tacobell… I’m wondering are these considering same forking shit that the earth ridding itself of the human parasite :ponder:

You don’t know about 7-11 day in Australia then?

On the 7th of November just walk into a 7-11 (between 7am and 11pm) and say the magic words - “Happy 7-Eleven Day!”

You get a free slurpee. Been going for a few years now.

They only give the stickers to the exceptionally attractive people. It sucks.

[quote=“Askr”]You don’t know about 7-11 day in Australia then?

On the 7th of November just walk into a 7-11 (between 7am and 11pm) and say the magic words - “Happy 7-Eleven Day!”

You get a free slurpee. Been going for a few years now.[/quote]

I thought you were BSing, so I Googled it and god you weren’t. How long has it been going? I have been here since 2001 and had never heard of it. Mind you there aren’t that many 7-11s where I used to live, but then again once you’ve been in Taiwan nowhere else in the world seems to have as many 7-11s as they do here.

By the time I have a full card it’s already expired … so, I always say no to those stickers … keep’m and stick them where the sun doesn’t shine …

There’s a special card you can get that lets you get stuff outside of 7-11 - you just have to ask at the counter.

I traded a full card (10 stickers) for a buy-1-get-1-free Frappuccino at Starbucks. There’re more offers at other chain stores, so yep worth collecting.

i gave my stickers to other 711 shoppers who took them eagerly ! That was when you could get an ice cream from that super evil place…cold stone !

That must be the reason we always have so many flying around… :ponder:

I give them to co-workers who collect them.

Sometimes some stickers look nice, so I stick them on my USB drives, buttons, switches, or keys as identification. Work quite well. Can replace them with new stickers anytime when the old ones get worn or dirty. Extra ones I give them to staff who collect them.

I heard that you could trade your receipts too?
I have about 30 of them stacked up already from all of the bottled water I’ve been buying (No more though! Cause I’ve discovered PXMart!)

However, I did notice the coffee at 7-Eleven = significantly cheaper than elsewhere and I’ve heard its half decent stuff. So I guess I’kk be getting more receipts.

Do you have to buy a certain amount to get a sticker? I’ve only gotten like two. (usually literally I just buy the water and walk out, so 15/17nt max)

[quote=“Lili”]I heard that you could trade your receipts too?
I have about 30 of them stacked up already from all of the bottled water I’ve been buying (No more though! Cause I’ve discovered PXMart!)

However, I did notice the coffee at 7-Eleven = significantly cheaper than elsewhere and I’ve heard its half decent stuff. So I guess I’kk be getting more receipts.

Do you have to buy a certain amount to get a sticker? I’ve only gotten like two. (usually literally I just buy the water and walk out, so 15/17nt max)[/quote]

The numbers at the top of the receipt go into a draw every two months. You can win up to 10 million NTD!!! Worth keeping and checking.

You can’t trade receipts. They are used for a lucky draw every two months.

[quote=“tomthorne”][quote=“Lili”]I heard that you could trade your receipts too?

Do you have to buy a certain amount to get a sticker? I’ve only gotten like two. (usually literally I just buy the water and walk out, so 15/17nt max)[/quote]

The numbers at the top of the receipt go into a draw every two months. You can win up to 10 million NTD!!! Worth keeping and checking.[/quote]
How does one check?