What's the difference between Love and Like?

What’s the difference between love and like? :sunglasses:

Yeah, don’t tell me they have different spellings… :loco:

Well…there is an old joke about kissing before and after a certain act…

But I won’t go into that…

Its very simple. I like chocolate. I love beer. Mmmmm. Beer.

If you love someone, she/he is above all other considerations.

If you like someone, you still are.

I define love as someone I’d die for. I haven’t had to die for anyone yet and I have yet to say to myself, “I love that person so much I will die for that person.”

I like a lot of people, and admire them for who they are.

Sadly enough Love is only truly realized after losing it. The pain, the sorrow, the reality. It is much safer to like as it is easier to handle the lose.

Or as the sandman said it best… [quote]I like Chocolate and I love beer[/quote]. Lose someone you like, eat chocoalte, lose someone you love, drink a lot of beer.
:taz:

If you love someone, I would guess that that person would be in your thoughts, even if not at every moment. That you wouldn’t be able to imagine life without them and question your ability to handle living if they were not a part of your life anymore.

If you like someone, you might feel giddy when they touch your hand by accident or if they say your name a certain way, but you certainly wouldn’t even think about giving up your livelihood for them if it came down to that.

I like Maoman just fine but I never feel giddy when he touches me “by accident” (which he never does – its always on purpose, the dirty perv.)

I like Maoman just fine but I never feel giddy when he touches me “by accident” (which he never does – its always on purpose, the dirty perv.)[/quote]

Gumper: (Screaming like a Beatles’ fan) Saaaaand- Maaaaaaannnnnn.

Any giddiness now?

My personal choice is that I have to love you. I hope that I would have the ability to love everyone. But, I don’t have to like you or what you do.

If we are only talking about romantic love, that would be a different story.

Exclusivity.

In the case of love, I consider ‘like’ to be attraction…a physical attraction based on how that person looks or acts. Love, on the other hand, to me would be more of a choice type of thing…even when the novelty and beauty of the special person seem to have worn off, you choose to stick with them and to treat them as an extension of your own body.

meh…I just rattled this out as fast as I could, dunno if it’s really a good def. :s

If she seems perfect in your eyes, it’s “like”.

If you find that she does at least three things a week that just annoy the hell out of you, and you willingly devote your life to her anyway, then it’s love.

Great way to put it, I like your definition better. :smiley:

[quote=“Sam Vimes”]If she seems perfect in your eyes, it’s “like”.

If you find that she does at least three things a week that just annoy the hell out of you, and you willingly devote your life to her anyway, then it’s love.[/quote]

day???

I like you = You are a nice person that I enjoy talking to and hanging out with but I don’t want to sleep with you, you are just a friend.

I lust for you = I don’t give shit about your ‘personality’, I just want to rip off your clothes and throw you on my bed.

Love = Like + Lust

[quote=“Rubicon Bojador”]I like you = You are a nice person that I enjoy talking to and hanging out with but I don’t want to sleep with you, you are just a friend.

I lust for you = I don’t give shit about your ‘personality’, I just want to rip off your clothes and throw you on my bed.

Love = Like + Lust[/quote]

Ive liked and lusted for numerous women at the same time. May I modify the equation?

Love = Exclusivity(Like + Lust)

If we bring time into the factor. Love in a moment: is when the walk into the room and the whole glow about them sends your heart racing. Love in a lifetime: When the image of them is attached to every great memory that youve had in your life and was enriched by its presence.

But as I just recently posted in another posting. I have no f@ckin clue. Just theories.

MacG

Exactly.

Exactly.[/quote]

Woah! Youve misquoated me. If Love = exclusivity, then we dont lust and like that person…?

love = exclusivity(love + lust)

Macg :laughing: