What's the highlight of your day today?

I was at the park today with my dog. My dog found this little puppy who was in a little pagoda where there was a man sleeping. I walked over to investigate and the guy woke up.

He looked like one of those blue truck driving, blue sandals wearing beatelnut guys. He popped a nut into his mouth, scratched his ass and then said to me in English “How old is your dog”. :astonished:

I nearly peed myself.

As it turn out the guy was born in Minnesota and moved here when he was 8.

He used to live in Taipei but moved down here to Jiayi and since hasn’t found a job and has no home. I’m gonna go back there to meet him tomorrow to give him some stuff for his dog and have a chat.

I sense this could become a nice story! Keep us informed.

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]I was at the park today with my dog. My dog found this little puppy who was in a little pagoda where there was a man sleeping. I walked over to investigate and the guy woke up.

He looked like one of those blue truck driving, blue sandals wearing beatelnut guys. He popped a nut into his mouth, scratched his ass and then said to me in English “How old is your dog”.

I nearly peed myself.

As it turn out the guy was born in Minnesota and moved here when he was 8.

He used to live in Taipei but moved down here to Jiayi and since hasn’t found a job and has no home. I’m gonna go back there to meet him tomorrow to give him some stuff for his dog and have a chat.[/quote]

Holy smokes!
Pretty freaky dude, I’d definitely have pissed my pants, sounds like that part in Band of Brothers where one of the German POWs is a dude from Cincinatti…definitely keep us posted, maybe start a thread.
Reminds me of a couple months ago, I was standing out front of my office building (Hsin Yi/Tunghua) at lunch time having a smoke, they were washing the windows on my building and the washer basket was sitting on the sidewalk for lunch break. Window washer dude walks around me and as he finishes his butt before climbing into the rig, looks at me and says:
“Excuse me sir, but I’m going up now. I suggest you move, I wouldn’t want to splash you.”
Yeah, :astonished: :astonished:, you bet.
After I got over my shock, I realized he’d had a Filipino accent.
I was going to call him down and haul his ass upstairs, considering he could English circles around the 50+ local “engineers” in my office making multiples of his pay for alleged English ability…

The sun shone today.

i talked my gf into sending me a bunch of pics since we’re long distance.

all i asked for was her in a few skirts. i got some bonus pics added in there :smiley:

Not the highlight of my day, but I did take pleasure earlier this afternoon in writing a contract for use in our company’s PRC facility and using “Taiwan” as our company’s address, not “Taiwan, Republic of China” and not “Republic of China.” It’s just a small thing, but I take pleasure in the reaction it may elicit in some PRC simpleton.

:moon:

But the highlight of the day will occur in a few minutes when my wife and daughter arrive, so I can leave my office and go home for hte weekend.

:banana:

I had a lot of fun at work today and it ended with lots of positive energy. :slight_smile:

I do the same thing… :smiley:

[quote]Mother Theresa wrote:
Not the highlight of my day, but I did take pleasure earlier this afternoon in writing a contract for use in our company’s PRC facility and using “Taiwan” as our company’s address, not “Taiwan, Republic of China” and not “Republic of China.” It’s just a small thing, but I take pleasure in the reaction it may elicit in some PRC simpleton. [/quote]

And that’s your legal advice? :laughing: Well done!

My day started on the upbeat. Alarm went and I just didn’t want to race for that ferry to the office so decided to work from home. Been bouncing around in the jim jams all day with a light workload to attend to. Now my lass is giving me the bedroom eyes . . . the day is good, and it is above all else, a Friday!

HG

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]
But the highlight of the day will occur in a few minutes when my wife and daughter arrive, so I can leave my office and go home for hte weekend.

:banana:[/quote]

Happy are you to know the difference between true joy and its multifarious counterfeits.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”][quote]Mother Theresa wrote:
Not the highlight of my day, but I did take pleasure earlier this afternoon in writing a contract for use in our company’s PRC facility and using “Taiwan” as our company’s address, not “Taiwan, Republic of China” and not “Republic of China.” It’s just a small thing, but I take pleasure in the reaction it may elicit in some PRC simpleton. [/quote]

And that’s your legal advice? :laughing: Well done!

My day started on the upbeat. Alarm went and I just didn’t want to race for that ferry to the office so decided to work from home. Been bouncing around in the jim jams all day with a light workload to attend to. Now my lass is giving me the bedroom eyes . . . the day is good, and it is above all else, a Friday!

HG[/quote]You have it good…I wish I could stay at home and make money. sigh.

T.

Well, would you go to a crap office cubicle if the view from your desk at home was like this? :laughing:

HG

Moving closer to an answer to one of my problems.

Got up. Took a dump. Made breakfast. Washed my hands…

Doh!

[quote=“LagerLout”]Got up. Took a dump. Made breakfast. Washed my hands…

Doh![/quote]Thanks for sharing. You life sounds so exciting.

I went to Shaliosho island today to visit a puppy we adopted out before Chinese New Year. She grew so much!!! Quite the highlight it was because the pooch was doing so good. She lives at a small house, no rope, no cage, just free to roam around. Outside all the time yet always food in the bowl. She spends her days with a retired grampa and she seems to love him.

She a friendly, happy pooch just the same as if we kept her. :slight_smile: She even remembered a trick I taught her. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

bobepine

I slept an amazing (for me) 8 hours last night, got up early, had a nice coffee, made eggs with toast, did all of the laundry, cleaned the entire house top to bottom, and read a book. No highlights. I’m brewing a nice curry right now. That will be good.

A little boring, but sometimes it’s just good to take care of biznis!

Life is good!

Playing with a basketball on my balcony with my dog. Finding her where I left her every morning is a treat. I always expect to find only a mouth and that she ate herself while I was sleeping.

Staying in and earning more kudos for my X-box racing game. AND getting my voice back after 2 days, just to loose it again…

[quote=“bobepine”]Thanks for sharing. You life sounds so exciting.
[/quote]

It is. Sometimes I can hardly keep up with myself.
This afternoon I cut my toenails, and almost fainted with pleasure!

Damn, life’s good!

Finally having a day with double-digit temperatures (

Added some stereo goodies to the truck so my Led Zeppelin doesn’t get drowned out by little rice rockets at intersections.