What's the most whack thing you've seen in Taiwan?

There are the crane slot machine where you put in NT$10 and try to pick up the Hallo Kitty or whatever but i’ve seen one outside a supermarket in Taipei where the have live lobster sitting in water as the prizes. Didn’t have a go myself…kind of regret it…love lobster.

chainsmoker wrote:

[quote]I once saw a dog dragging behind a scooter. The guy had obviously forgotten about the dog which had become exhasted and fallen to the ground. The dog was just looking up ahead whining and had red blood tracks behind him for couple of hundred feet.
[/quote]

Sorry, off the topic here, but what happened to the poor little dog at the end? Did anyone help send him/her to a vet’s? Did anyone try to stop the scooter when the scooter rider was dragging the dog? “The dog was just looking up ahead whining and had red blood tracks behind him for couple of hundred feet.”
I think I’m going to cry… :cry: :cry:

edited because my post was somehow changed, probablly by “an invisible hand”… :unamused:

I agree, what happened to the pooch?

Whack things in Taiwan?

The continued construction of buildings in Taipei, when half of them are empty!

Earthworms the size of my husbands 11.5 shoe-

Men pulling trucks with their Johnson… OUCH THATS GOTTA HURT! (ok did not see irl, only on TV)

Sisy Chen’s media rampages against men…foreigners…the DPP WHAT EVER!

edited to correct my horrid spelling!

When I saw the guy with the dog, I sped up and yelled at him while pointing behind his scooter. He looked backed and seemed a little shocked. I think the dog was basically okay except for badly scratched legs and a crappy owner.

Anybody see the huge big billboard ad in ximending? It has a a guy sitting on a couch with his legs open holding a cell phone like a dick. Based on his facial expression and the way he is holding the phone, it is obviously meant to look like he is whaking off. The caption on the ad reads, “play until orgasm.”

I live with a Japanese girl who’s actually met the guy in that poster.

Apparently, he didn’t want to do it, but had no choice, since he signed the contract through his company previous to shooting. And now, it’s a great source of embarrassment to him :laughing:

I did a double-take the first time I saw it. I wouldn’t have even thought that kind of advertising would be allowed back home, let alone here. :?

In Changhua last year in a taxi. Me in the front seat and my wife and mother-in-law in the back so I had a front-row view. I had noticed the taxi driver was drooling when I first got in. We took off and he was rolling extremely slowly. I wasn’t sure whether he was dead or alive. About a block from a light, it turned red. We kept rolling and rolling though and I started to wonder when he was going to come to and prepare to brake.

Nope. We kept right on rolling right through the red light scattering scooters, pedestrians and cars right and left, horns blaring. My wife was yelling from the back seat for me to duck and cover.

When we made it through to the other side, everyone started yelling at the taxi driver. He mumbled something in Taiwanese and my wife told me he swore the light was green the whole time though.

We bailed out right there and off he went like a ghost in the night, moving about as fast as a fast walk. I just hope he didn’t kill someone that night.

Taking a walk near SOGO2, I witnessed a mercedes exiting a parking lot into narrow lane. Cars and scooters were densely packed all along the street as usual making this manuever somewhat tricky. The mercedes turning left onto the lane bumps the rear door of a Toyota parked perpendicular across from the driveway exit. The driver haven’t a clue that he had struck it, continues to scrape along the whole side of the car up until he finally clears it by the front fender of the Toyota.

I had to run up to the mercedes to see what drugs he was on… The driver shrugged and continued on his way. I had to write the mercedes license number down for the Toyota owner’s reference.

The Butthole Clinics. Doesn’t ANYONE remember?

The islandwide blackout before the 9-21 earthquake.

921 toppled buildings.

The woman in the spa with the five inch long nipples.

The pony-tailed, middle-aged man who sits on the corner near my office bustop every morning at the same time.

The mummified dead dog carcass on Fulong Beach.

The procession of Communist taxi drivers going down Zhongxiao E. Road.

The nutter. A waiguoren you’d see busking (badly!) in the underground walkways.

The decked out elderly couple ballroom dancing in the MRT station.

Recently saw a taxi driver wiping off his taxi with a rag and some water, he was squeezing the dirty water over (on to) the nearby bicycles.

That ain’t whack. I do worse than that all the time…anachronistic dorks.

Sorry, Alien, haven’t been here long enough.

Enlighten me! (May I guess… plastic surgery?)

Taipei county - I saw a father bottle-feeding his no more than 2 month old baby while driving his scooter with the other hand - in peak traffic. The lottery of living.

Oh, I think I know the place (not personally, of course): The International Centre For Colon Hydrotherapy. It was on the corner of Chungshiao and FuXing, and I used to drive past it every day to get to work. It had a big billboard out the front with a picture of three VERY sexy nurses to entice you in… The ad’s not there anymore, and I think the office has relocated.

Alien, any experience you wanted to divulge? Come on, we’re all friends here…

Cheers,

The Big Babou.

[quote=“The Big Babou”]

Alien, any experience you wanted to divulge? Come on, we’re all friends here…[/quote]

I started a thread on this about a year ago to no avail.
I never actually experienced a ‘butthole clinic’ first hand, I just used to marvel, groan, and keel over from laughter when viewing the signs out front of them. I believe they were advertising proctological services, by displaying the kinds of inflictions the clinic had treated.

Backlit colour photographic signage of glistening (yes, as in shiny and wet) “cauliflower ass” and other strange and horrific manifestations of hemorroroidal tissue gone wild. It was hilarious and revolting at the same time. I laughed until I cried.

A friend of mine who left Taiwan years ago actually had taken photos of the clinic signs. I wish i had because I’d scan and post them right here. I remember one huge sign at Nanjing West’s noodle circle, and another one at Rao her Night market, Pa-teh Road, but there were supposedly others around.

Or, on the subject, the COLON SPA, right next door to Amaroni’s? What’s the Colon Spa anyway? Some friends are interested if it’s a colonic irrigation facility.

But, so much for cauliflower ass, has anyone seen the “Dicklady Hair Salon” sign over behind PNG headquarters (Jienguo and Minsheng)? I do have a photo of that somewhere.

Yeah, it’s colonic irrigation - (shui liao). they have a similar shot of three sexy nurses on a huge billboard outside the Union Hospital on Hsin Yi road Yong He. the billboard outlines all the benefits of having a hose shoved up your back passage and turned on.
HG

If they turn the power up too high I hear you end up looking like one of those blow-up dolls without the air in it. Then they just roll you up and hide you under the table while they bring in the next victim.

You can still see butthole treatment advertisements in and around Hwahsi Street… and when the place was overtly a red light district, there used to be a bunch of STD clinics that used all kinds of graphic photos of nasty-lookin’ STD-infected genitalia to advertise their specialty treatments (or maybe they were used merely as a warning to those inclined to visit the girls there)…

I once witnessed a fight on a bus between the ticket girl and a female passenger… (anyone remember the girls on the bus who used to collected tickets and give change? this was back in 1985)… this particular fight was about some insignificant percieved slight, but the really odd thing about it, at least to me at that time, was that nobody did anything to stop the fight… the bus driver, without uttering a word of either encouragement or discouragement, opened the door to allow the girls to take their fight off the bus so that they could brawl among the parked motorcycles and then waited until the girls tired (the passenger girl tired first, I think because she was being bludgeoned by the ticket girl with the ticket hole puncher thingy). Then, the bus driver opened the door and let the ticket girl back on the bus and we went on our way… not a word was spoken by anyone about the distubance.

That’s probably the oddest act I’ve ever witnessed here.

I saw an incident in the Chunghua Rd night market in Taichung of a similar nature. It was late at night, I was lit, and I approached a betel stand to buy a pack of cigarettes. This in the days before betelnut girls (and me still a smoker) and there was the usual scruffy looking lout in charge of the stand. On my way over the road I noticed a couple of dodgy-looking characters also approaching, and when they spotted me they did the oddest thing. Instead of picking up the pace to beat me to the stand as would be the norm, they slowed right down and let me go first. I looked at them a bit odd, and they were looking uncertainly at each other and me. The stall owner looked petrified, but all the same dug out my smokes and made change while eying the other guys over my shoulder.
As I walked away, the other two guys suddenly produced baseball bats and proceeded to whack the sh*t out of the stand and the owner for the money he owned them.
Polite hoodlums… !!!

That ain’t whack. I do worse than that all the time…anachronistic dorks.[/quote]

You all read it, he’s done worse! :shock:

I admit it is not the worst I have seen, however
I feel
it is quite whacked!

Being driven South with my wife on Tunwha and wanting the driver to turn right onto Nanjing. At that corner is a pedestrian triangle which the driver passes on the left to continue south or on the right to turn left.

Our driver, travelling fairly quickly, drove straight up the point of the triangle. There was a terrific jolt and the triangle (about 4 to 6 inches high) was left supporting a taxi with 3 or 4 wheels elevated above the road!

We didn’t have to pay the fare, and just left a driver, scratching his head, as he circled around the car!.