What's the truest line you've ever heard in a song? 🤔

But if it’s an interjection, then there’s no verb, ergo no indicative verb, ergo no “statement” in the sense of falsifiability.

Oh the police may be a “statement” in the broad sense, but devoid of context, it has no capacity for truth.

I got one problem, and it’s a bitch.

2 Likes

This is everything that is wrong with second language acquisition. I, as a native speaker, have absolutely no clue what any of your post means, but I have full comprehension of the meaning and intent behind the expression, fuck the police.

Oh the police.
:arrow_up:
Neither true nor false.

Bleep [just an interjection not a verb] the police.
Neither true nor false.

Bleep [imperative verb] the police.
Neither true nor false.

Bleep [indicative verb] the police.
The true meaning is The police bleep. It’s just putting the verb before the subject to be poetic. You know, like quoth the raven. It is a statement, hence it can be true. Hence it can be the truest line you’ve ever heard in a song.

2 Likes

:heart: You got there.

1 Like

Black is black

(Apologies if its irrefutability already identified. Stuff to do so havn’t trawled the thread)

1 Like

Yes, but do you want your baby back?

1 Like

That’s a whole other line.

I’ll have to turn my head until my darkness goes.

I consider the whole song as a fist of reality to what everyone strugles/realizes on one way or another in life.

1 Like

Continuing the chromatic theme (though not quite as irrefutable)

Golden Brown, finer temptress

Green grow the rushes, O

One is one and all alone

Well, if you want to get picky, isn’t truth an absolute?

Hence it can’t have degree.

Hence there cannot be a truest line you have ever heard in a song, unless you’ve only ever heard one true line in a song.

“One is one and all alone and ever more shall be, sir”

Stylee