What's the very BEST damned burger in Taipei?

Now you know where they got it.

I’m sticking with Punch Burger. Good quality, properly cooked, good atmosphere. It tastes like something I would like to make myself.

1 Like

Punch mmmm…

20181101_145550

20181101_145012

20181101_144723

3 Likes

http://www.kua-aina.tw/

Kua’aina is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best burger I’ve had in any currently operating provider.
Been there several times, and every time it’s fucking mind blowing.

Me, I’d strongly reccie the pineapple and bacon cheeseburger.
Just plain fucking awesome.

The only thing keeping it from being perfect is their fries, which are pretty meh, but still not bad.

I can’t recommend it enough, seriously :+1::hamburger::+1:

1 Like

Went to B!ng near City Hall the other day. It was good.

1 Like

Oh God, are you trying to seduce me Mrs Rocketson?

1885 Burger Store was always my favorite, but I moved and haven’t been there for awhile.

If a raccoon likes it, I figured it might be just garbage—or it actually might be good.

I decided to put my money on the latter and made my way to City Hall MRT Station today to sample one of Kua’aina’s burgers. The lunch I had today in no way made me forget the STUNNING food I had on Big Island, including a fantastic burger I had in Kona made with grass-fed Big Island beef. Kua’aina’s food is nowhere near that good. But here in Taipei, this is not bad—a nice space, clean, with some tables adjacent to big windows overlooking a pleasant rooftop garden. Fresh ingredients, decent shoestring fries, and the option to wash it back with a cup of more-than-decent whole leaf Assam black tea which I really enjoyed. For those that are into such things, this place is pretty clearly Hawai’i routed through Japan (the only other customers I saw today were speaking Japanese) before arriving here in Taiwan. I have no idea if it will last. But in the meantime, it’s a nice addition to the City Hall area.

Guy

1 Like

I don’t remember much apart from being disappointed (I think). But this was many years ago.

Nice read.

I go every couple months to try again. Not recommended.

You’re welcome!

Guy

There may be a new contender for the best hamburger in Taipei City.

If you have NT$300 to spare ($345 including avocado), you’d be hard pressed to find a better burger in Taipei than the one currently being served at Avenue Fast Casual Eatery on Anhe Road. As I’ve mentioned in other threads, this is the amazingly talented Sandy Yoon’s second shop in Taipei, following the success of Sugar Pea.

The Avenue Burger which I tried for lunch today had high quality (if also familiar) ingredients including a house-made bun, red onions, some lettuce, and I believe Vermont cheddar. What rocketed this burger to the next level was some sort of house-made chipotle sauce smeared at the bottom—it’s utterly delicious. The burger comes with a side of freshly prepared fries and some dipping mayo; adding avocado to the burger costs NT$45 and is well worth it in my opinion.

This burger is currently on the “specials” board but I heard from the friendly staff that it may make it to Avenue’s regular menu, itself full of some astonishingly good food. Avenue is open 11:00 am to 11:00 pm Tuesdays to Saturdays. With its laid-back atmosphere and distinctive space, it’s a great place to visit. Enjoy!

Guy

4 Likes

There’s a burger joint called Brother Sister Burger on Ruiguang Rd in Neihu. Don’t know about very BEST but it’s pretty GOOD. Fries were good, too. And a good price.

1 Like

Im going to try it and if it’s even one per cent worse than your review expect a visit from me.:grin:

Ditto.

:laughing:

Ha! If you make it Avenue, I suspect you’ll be pleased with the range of beverages on offer. Any of Sandy Yoon’s pasta dishes are also worth trying. I would not especially recommend the pizza as there are dedicated pizzerias in the neighbourhood including Zoca’s that are themselves extraordinary.

Guy

1 Like

I had lunch there a few weeks ago. Very nice burger and fries. Only thing is, the place is so small. Avoid regular lunch times - I arrived there around 11:45.

Damn good burger at this new place near Xinyi Road and Tunghua.

4 Likes