What's the very BEST damned burger in Taipei?

That looks good. The paddies are thick as hell

@tango42 : What do you recommend?

Guy

holy shit, i need that in my belly

edit: keto? what?

Looks good!

The meat and prep are fantastic so pick your flavor. Had a great wasabi, an original is in the fridge, and going for a keto on next visit.

The prices are also reasonable.

Is that really 100% Japanese beef? Or it is like “Taiwan” tea which can have 1% Taiwan tea and be labelled as such? : P

Guy

I was thinking the same thing. It can’t be real Wagyu for those prices.

Yeah, Wagyu is just the name. That beef is extremely expensive and these burgers have OKish prices.

BTW, does anybody know the difference between “classic” and “keto”? the keto ones come without bread?

Has the right texture for wagyu. Tastes great. Don’t know what it is.

Maybe town in Taiwan named “Wagyu”.

They substitute some type lettuce for bread. Kind of becoming a standard at other places that serve keto-sandwiches. Sometimes works, sometimes messy. Usually a little messy.

Heresy!

Try sheep+pony, easily the best burgers in Taipei

1 Like

Only open 5pm-10pm?

sheep+pony
No. 381號, Section 4, Ren’ai Road, Da’an District, Taipei
https://goo.gl/maps/G8VDGCoYphJ2

That looks really good, saved on my to-visit list!

Why would a burger restaurant be called Sheep and Pony? I’ve asked the wife and she doesn’t know either. Is it some Mandarin play on words?

I remember a guy who was in a band called Pony who couldn’t understand why they never landed a gig in London.

1 Like

It’s probably the English names of the two co-owners.

2 Likes

The closing time is flexibel, depends on if they got customers or not. You might want to call in advance if you got weekend, its quite popular and small.

Boy, the guys at the Stallion & Ram restaurant are going to be pissed when they find out these guys stole their logo.

Wait, did I actually just type that???

Must be related to the ingredients of the patties.