What's the weirdest part of Taiwan? Why is it weird?

I haven’t quite decided yet, even though I’m tempted to say some of the northern districts in Kaohsiung City. A lot of weird abandoned stuff up there. Your thoughts?

Why is this in Temp? Taiwan’s weirdness is not a temporary thing.

8 Likes

Weird things seem to happen to innocent tourists in Wanhua…

5 Likes

The Cinderella slipper church is pretty weird…

11 Likes

I’ve been here. It’s literally a 5 minute drive from where my in-laws live. We also have the Mount Rushmores of salt nearby. And I’ve already discussed the “amusement park” built by the king of toothpaste who found religion in the middle of constructing his toothpaste Disneyland and decided to fill it with scenes of Taoist hell for some reason.

17 Likes

I should get out of Taipei more. I am clearly missing out on a lot of weird shit.

5 Likes

Sorry, how is this supposed to be different from the ‘Wack things in Taiwan’ thread?

It’s in Temp.

1 Like

“Wack” implies kind of shitty and/or inconvenient, like the pollution or traffic or whatever. “Weird” doesn’t really touch one’s daily life in the same way. It describes the type of thing you’d say “huh, that’s weird” about, then move along. Or that’s what I think, anyway.

8 Likes

It was posted there. Moved it

2 Likes

Now can we get rid of the 15 day limit?

Well, how not temp do you want Temp to be?

Hint: Taiwan is permanently weird. (talking about this thread, not Temp)

2 Likes

You are so weird.

In Taiwan.

Thanks, I always forget that. I think someone beat me to it though

You win. Where is this?

1 Like

I find Yunlin County weird. Loads of sprawling farms and temples. And then businesses that produce things for temples. Weird statues and ghost money burners.

2 Likes

It is weird to see beagles in Taiwan. I don’t think they’re suited to most Taiwanese people’s long working hours and small apartments. They need lots of space to run around for hours every day or they’ll get fat.

And people here don’t hunt. Kind of defeats the purpose of getting a hound.

2 Likes

The Northeast Coast is packed with a lot of weirdness, like the UFO houses, and the dog spirit temple.

5 Likes

Especially the 2D black and white ones.

Like fucking anyone in Taipei worries about that :rofl:

2 Likes