What's up with my new bike?

The worst word any mechanic (in Taiwan or otherwise)ever wants to hear…

I hope they find the problem soon.

I predict that if the dealer fails to fix it after three tries, CPI will provide a new bike.
Dali City does have Internet service.

I will raise you some swearing and cursing at the dealer from Loretta if it goes beyond a second attempt to fix it. :laughing:

Given the chabudo level of the first attempt, the chances of such profanity are near certain.

[quote=“maunaloa”]I predict that if the dealer fails to fix it after three tries, CPI will provide a new bike.
Dali City does have Internet service.[/quote]

Um don’t think so…

Do you think they monitor English language forums or any forums for that matter?

Getting a new bike will require a recognition on either the part of the manufacturer or the agent that they committed a grievous lawful error that can not be solved with a repair. In which case the party liable will have to bear the cost of a new bike.

Vehicles have warranties not money back guarantees. BMW will not give you a new car if the injectors or electronics fail on the second day, they will simply fix it, however long it takes.

Don’t set expectations unreasonably high unless you want to see more unhappiness, the best that can be hoped for here would be a quick and permanent repair.

Best to get the CPI engineer directly involved with the dealer and yourself so you have an open line of communication so the CPI engineer can suggest the quickest course of action to resolve the problem.

Is this true?
What’s your resource?
And, like, all the women, or most?
And if so, is there some statistical representation available?

[quote=“Dogma”][quote=“maunaloa”]I predict that if the dealer fails to fix it after three tries, CPI will provide a new bike.

Um don’t think so…[/quote]

Point well taken, it is Taiwan. I seen the “three strikes and a new bike” happen TWICE in the States. One, a touring bike, the other a sport bike.

[quote=“maunaloa”][quote=“Dogma”][quote=“maunaloa”]I predict that if the dealer fails to fix it after three tries, CPI will provide a new bike.

Um don’t think so…[/quote]

Point well taken, it is Taiwan. I seen the “three strikes and a new bike” happen TWICE in the States. One, a touring bike, the other a sport bike.[/quote]

How wonderful, I would love to have that rule go global :slight_smile:

Both times were Japanese motos. The matters were escalated to the US corporate office with a detailed chronology, certified mail. Has to have “law suit” pretty well spelled out. Taiwan, of course, is different, and CPI is not a Big Four. What was I thinking?

Oh well if all those circumstances described (The matters were escalated to the corporate office with a detailed chronology, certified mail. Has to have “law suit” pretty well spelled out.) were applied here and there was a case to be made you could get the same result even here.

But you better be sure you had a case you can win and the other side needs to know that too otherwise its just warranty repair.

I was hoping you had something quicker than that, in law.

Like This is broken, then that is broken, then that is broken, ok that’s 3 F.u. I want my new car now.

Or even fixed really? no its not…fixed really? no its not fixed really? Ok strike three its not fixed pull up a new blue one please, im outtahere.

Now thats a world worth living in huh?

Quote from the Sandman in the CPI Thread back on July 21…

[quote] But the CPI company appear to be a bunch of fucking jokers.
Finally they sent the bike up – a black one, which they earlier assured us hadn’t even been made yet. Hmmm.
Today I’m supposed to pick it up. Surprise, surprise, they fucked up on the paperwork, so it hasn’t been plated.
Apparently, their factory got flooded in the typhoon and is closed today, so there’s no-one available to put the fucking documents in an envelope.
So, warning to anyone thinking of buying a SM250 – the factory has been flooded. Check any bikes very very carefully before you agree to buy one.
These people are complete clowns.
My guy is totally fed up with them, too, and has decided that there’s no way he’s going to continue dealing with CPI – my bike has attracted a great deal of attention in his shop, but he says its just not worth the hassle of dealing with a bunch of fucking amateurs. My wife was looking at a SM250 blog and it seems the same story – people are loving the bike and just absolutely trashing the fuckwits making it.[/quote]
Could the bike being discussed in this thread be one of these water damaged bikes???

Hey guys,

Thanks for your speculations, empathy, and recommendations regarding the superior breasts of Argentinian women. I’ve just woken up and I’m feeling better already.

I was fairly calm and polite in replying to CPI at 10:30am yesterday, and at 2pm received the following response:

[quote]We have contacted with the dealer and know your bike was transported to our major agency in Taipei, where has the professional mechanic, he has aleady helped you to check the whole bike thoroughly and to identify all possible problems.
Your bike is testing by the professional mechanic now.
When he confirms that your bike is fine, the dealer will notify you of when you may take the bike.[/quote]

I think that’s an acceptable level of service and reassurance. Now I’m just waiting.

However…

I was driving into town yesterday morning when I saw a really really hot girl on a scoot. She had breasts worthy of any Argentinian lass and the most delightfully pretty face. And judging from her attire she was on her way to a dance or yoga class. You can imagine the sheer joyfulness of the picture, and if you’ve ridden a CPI in Taipei you will know how much people look at you at traffic lights - how easy it is to strike up a conversation.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t on a CPI. I was on a little scooter. The lights changed just after I had taken my first look at her, and then that was it. She was off, like a rat out of an aqueduct, and I couldn’t keep up. Gone forever. I want my bike back!

See, dogma, they have Internet in Dali City. :wink:

Eh? I don’t get your point, hop on skype and spell it out to me.

Loretta is receiving the level of service I expect from CPI.

Hi Loretta, well i kind of know in what pain you are, its a new bike and it doesnt work as it should… my humbled opinion is that you return the bike and get a different one

and btw, Argentinian girls are not the ones with the biggest tits… how about Brazilian ones, or Colombian ones !!!

Loretta is receiving the level of service I expect from CPI.[/quote]

A bit of humor. CPI sent Loretta an email. Ergo, CPI has Internet service in Dali City. I’m not saying they surveil this forum.

Loretta is receiving the level of service I expect from CPI.[/quote]

A bit of humor. CPI sent Loretta an email. Ergo, CPI has Internet service in Dali City. I’m not saying they surveil this forum.[/quote]

Gotcha :wink:

It would be great if cars and bikes could be refunded if they fail within 10 days or something, but I don’t know any manufacturer that will do that, heck Carrefour will not even refund on the PS3 (er if anyone wants to go deeper into that start another thread please)

You are right…

Got the bike back at 10pm last night and drove it 40km today without any problems. They said it was a carb/filter problem. Whatever.

Just did my first oil change. Amazing how quickly you drive 300km with a new toy!