What's with All the Bomb Threats Lately?

I know. I’m just trying to educate him in humanistic values :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because they are a national security threat.

Why would I educate, share ideas with, and open my mind to the enemies?

They will stop going. Number of Chinese students is shrinking even faster than Taiwanese students.

Also, Idk if you’ve met them but the majority of Chinese students don’t really get much out of their education. Most of them know very little English and learn almost nothing. The few who do tend to not return to China. Number of outbound international students is an indication of brain drain.

I can see that point, still not sure, but I understand that’s worth taking in consideration and analysing it.

So the young people who you default as your enemies don’t grow up as enemies indeed.

Holy shit. Any studies or statistics on this?

It’s stupid to be tolerant to the enemies.

You are delusional if you believe they would magically wear their indoctrination off by spending a few months in Taiwan lol. Most of them come, complain about this and that, then go back to China and talk shit about Taiwan.

1 Like

Did you know that only Taiwanese people consider Chinese people as enemies? Most Chinese people don’t even think about Taiwan, let alone consider us their “enemies”.

Ironic that they always want to invade Taiwan then.

Who’s us? I thought you were from Hong Kong.

Lol, you’d be surprised

Sounds familiar

Lots of anecdotal evidence on the flob that this is the case with students here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sure, that’s what the Taiwanese media tells you.

Not ruling out a future invasion does not equal to wanting to invade. The US hasn’t ruled out a future invasion of Russia. They are also constantly flying jets close to Russian airspace. It doesn’t mean the US wants to invade Russia.

I’m also Taiwanese.

I don’t have much hope for humankind and I’m a bit of a misanthrope myself, but I do think I have a more open minded and humanistic posture than you, probably more realistic too. Yes, people wear off some of their prejudices exposing themselves to reality instead of to indoctrination exclusively.

I don’t think China actually will invade either but it’s ridiculous to compare the prospect of the US invading Russia and China invading Taiwan. China definitely has invasion plans and is saber-rattling all the time.

Really? You sound very much like a foreigner.

I think to believe this

is completely unrealistic and totally naïve.

So do you, and yet here we are. Two Taiwanese people who sound like foreigners, talking to each other.

1 Like

Ok, but I don’t sound like a foreigner at all. I went to public schools in Taiwan all my life.

So according to you a person A who is indoctrinated will be exactly the same than if that person apart from being indoctrinated is immersed in the reality he was indoctrinated about. Right.

Needless to say that everybody has seen people change their mind when they actually get to know something first hand.

Yes you do. Your worldview and values are not at all the same as most Taiwanese people.

You sound like you’re from Berkley, California or Cambridge, Massachusetts.

You sound exactly like the typical hysterical LGB0TIQ+ anglo speaker woke dude or dudess with upper middle class privileges.

Which thanks God is far from common in Taiwan.

Stinky tofu as a prime example in Taiwan.

Taiwan universities are the stinky tofu of the Chinese student realisations.

Sound like a foreigner to me on these forums. I’m also Taiwanese. :slight_smile:

I only went to Feng Chia University to take a Chinese language course. Funny thing back then in the early 90’s, the security dude at the gate let’s me park my Audi inside. he asks who I am so I say with bad pronunciation my Chinese surname and my first given name which sounds like 講師 Actually I say 講師 knowing fell well he thinks I am a foreign lecturer.
I drive a nice car so can’t be a student right?

There is no car parking sticker for the Uni on my car. Takes them about 4 months into my language studies course to figure out it is a foreign student with no car parking permission.

The issue is their indoctrination is not something at face value like “Taiwanese people are starving”, it’s more stuff like “democracy = chaos/bad economy”. When they travel to Taiwan or the West and they see strikes/protests/fewer skyscrapers/shabby buildings/litters/people struggling/whathaveyou, the reality reaffirms their indoctrination. China is not North Korea.

You probably just don’t hang in those circles. I know many Taiwanese people who are even more woke than I am.

They must all be in Taipei, then. I don’t know anyone like that here in Kaohsiung.