What's with the looped recordings everywhere?!

“Come buy this. It’s so delicious”

“All the service people are busy”

“Elect me”

With no effin’ pause in between!

I am losing it!

Because they want you to buy delicious food but all the service people are busy so you should elect some guy to make it so the service people aren’t busy so you can buy the delicious food?

Just a guess.

:laughing:

:lol: :bravo:

It’s particularly bad at the bus stop where I wait in the morning. Three restaurants have these megaphones on constant repeat aimed at the bus stop.

As usual, I seem to be the only person who finds it annoying to have three unceasing recording blaring at me from all sides.
Living in this place kind of makes me appreciate what it might be like to be insane. To be wired to respond differently to everything…

I thought you were talking about the CDs that are on repeat everywhere. Those are quite annoying, too, if you spend much time at one coffee shop or restaurant. One place that I was frequenting played Lionel Richie muzak every evening for more than six months.

The megaphones are quite annoying, and as it gets closer to election time, the megaphone trucks driving around are going to make things unbearable.

Those loops drive me right around the corner. When I first moved into my new house in Banciao, I had buy all new appliances, TVs, etc. A very sizeable expenditure. I went to a local appliance shop and did some browsing but found that I was unconciously getting pissed off. I finally figured it was because of the insane music loop that repeated every 15 seconds at ear splitting volume. I finally told the salesperson that was shadowing me that either the music was going or I was going. His choice. This ultimately brought a manager into the picture. The music was turned off but they sure as hell were not happy about it. As I was exiting the door, after paying for my purchases to be delivered later, I heard the music start again. I might mention that this store went out of business a few months later. Wonder why.
I now simply refuse to shop at any store that does it. It’s not worth the aggravation.

Chinese have a few genes thet makes them hard of hearing and short sighted I guess … oh, and a ‘no fear’ gene too …

Toughest punishment ever: working at Wellcome.

That’s not noise, that’s 熱鬧. Everyone pays a premium to live in the city just to experience this. :unamused:

The line that makes me laugh the loudest is “good news!, good news!” Whoopie. You opened another crappy, hole-in-the-wall hair salon / breakfast store / whatever in my street. Like anyone gives a shit. :neutral:

Unfortunately, these genes in addition to old age are the reason for some of Taiwans most… “piquant” features. Ok maybe it’s just annoying.

So whose going to go elect the guy that’s going to free up the service workers to serve us delicious food? I will vote for this guy if he agrees to ban muzak except in elevators. I miss the muzak in the elevators. Or maybe I’m just so used to it I tune it out.

I usually just turn the megaphones down as I pass by.

And what’s with the “fine morning” everytime I go into a damned convenience store, regardless of the time of day?

HG

In Sanxia there is this watch store that has the same alarm clock on, bleeping all day, since I first came here in 1992 …

You serious?

The one that annoys me most is opposite Taipei Main Station, the Cosmed next to the Starbucks there. I get CRAZY when I stand there waiting for the bus.

One day I’ll turn it off… and then run away with it!!

You serious?

The one that annoys me most is opposite Taipei Main Station, the Cosmed next to the Starbucks there. I get CRAZY when I stand there waiting for the bus.

One day I’ll turn it off… and then run away with it!![/quote]

You could start a collection. Ordered by where you stole them and what annoying message they were spamming.

They should develop megaphone spam filters. :laughing:

Yes, they’re right there, just turn down the volume control.

I feel sorry for the people working in the MRT stations - they’ve got to put up with the megaphones blaring out something about ‘holding on to the handrail as you go up the escalator’. There’s that poor bloke that stands there all day by the escalators checking we’re being safe and not snogging someone on the stair above - I bet it drives him crazy…

It’s a little bit off topic, but related to MRT station from the above post.
I am annoyed by the four languages that broadcate in MRT cars, especially when I try to listen to my MP3.
And the Bee TV advertisments on buses is annoying too.

You should have bought it in 1992, seems to be a outstanding reliable thing. Can you check where its made? :smiley:

[quote=“kate.lin”]It’s a little bit off topic, but related to MRT station from the above post.
I am annoyed by the four languages that broadcate in MRT cars, especially when I try to listen to my MP3.
And the Bee TV advertisments on buses is annoying too.[/quote]

Actually thats something which impressed me more than it annoyed me. Most cities had just one language on their subways and than they provide here 4 languages.
On the other side, I never listend to MP3 when I first came to here and now I seldom use the MRT anymore.

Back to the topic of this nice devices making you notice high valuable services and best offers I just plain hate them. It’s even better in areas like close to ShiDa University where every single shop you pass every 4 or 5m plays some completly different stuff, of course on full volume to make sure to beat the guys on the left and the right.
I found the kind of supermarket music and that stuff back home already annoying even it was desinged to make nice atmosphere and generate more sales through this. You fell good, you buy more. I guess here they go for “If you are death, you can’t be annoyed by the other noise around, so you will buy more…”.

PS: And yes, I know, if I don’t like it I can go home…

Our local “Love World” baby clothes store plays one song nonstop, all day, every day.

It’s a rather catchy little tune, but we’ve been here since January and that one song has never stopped playing.

I don’t speak Chinese or spend much time in Love World, but I know every word to that song.