What's your IQ

Why would anyone actually join something like Mensa?

I would, but it would depend on them having (1) keg parties and (2) those keg parties being free. Do they?

Well my IQ is 134 and not from computer Web sites. It was tested for various reasons job and school related.

I am not having rhinoplasty Alien, though admittedly liposuction is a possiblity. AND remember that I type fast so one hour over lunch when it is 40 degrees is a nice option to come and type answers to the forumosa site to get out of the heat.

Off to Oman tomorrow where I will no doubt find other reasons not to despair about America and its presence and image in the Middle East. So sorry to disappoint.

Finally, IQ is strongly correlated but not exactly related to success in life. Hence, my long tenure in Taiwan. Laziness and debauchery can also balance a high IQ as Alien will not doubt vouch.

freddy

What does the one have to do with the other?

What does the one have to do with the other?[/quote]

Not too many low end IQs doing brain surgery or rocket science… that’d be my guess.

Sorry tigerman, but I’m with mesheel on that one. Even if it were true that people with high IQs are more likely to be rich, wealth does not equal success. Was Howard Hughes successful? Didn’t he die a lonely pathetic wretch? Is Don Kozlowski successul? I’m sure I’ve got his name wrong, but I’m referring to the CEO with $8,000 shower curtains and $10,000 trash cans who is now sitting in jail. For me happiness is a more important sign of success. Do you have evidence that those with higher IQs are happier than those with lower IQs?

MT, I can tell you anecdotally, now that my IQ has dropped a few points, I’m much happier :wink: .

Being good at doing crosswords also correlates to being rich and ‘successful’.

Brian

The statement which I commented on was as follows:

I stand by my response.

I totally agree that “success” can mean different things to different people… and it frequently does.

But in the context of this thread, I think it clear the meaning was “financial” success.

The subject statement does not declare an absolute, and my reply that there are few (if any) low end IQs performing brain surgery or rocket science is one illustration of how IQ is strongly correlated but not exactly related to success.

I’d say people with a low IQ are happier than those with a very high one. First, we think less and therefore have less problems, second everybody understands us, cause our thoughts are not as complicated or as innovative as let’s say Einsteins or Kopernicus’… :laughing:
Besides isn’t intelligence very close to madness?

Hang on a minute. I guessed correctly where Blueface was, am damned sure I’m on the money with my description of Formosa and been the only person to have been in three winning teams at the Brass Monkey quiz night

But I’m as poor as a church mouse. Go figure?

HG

Probably those people who are incined to waste time doing IQ tests to ‘proove their intelligence’ would also make good workers and savers. Personally, I think I’m reasonably intelligent, but I have neither done an IQ test nor saved any money in many years.

Brian

So do you think you’d be happier if 75 points could be knocked off your IQ? If you do believe this, why don’t you test it by getting a lobotomy over at Veterans Hospital? Be sure to post your findings here…that is if you can still figure out how to work your keyboard. :laughing: Personally, I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than… :laughing:

Well as a man that spent a portion of my youth in a psychiatric hospital, fortunately holding the keys as it were, I can say with some authority that the shit eating chronic masturbators that were in my care seemed as pleased as Punch with their dreadfully limited I.Qs. I on the other hand, possessed with a sharp mind and a mop and bucket, never seemed to attain the same level of satisfaction.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Well as a man that spent a portion of my youth in a psychiatric hospital, fortunately holding the keys as it were, I can say with some authority that the shit eating chronic masturbators that were in my care seemed as pleased as Punch with their dreadfully limited I.Qs. I on the other hand, possessed with a sharp mind and a mop and bucket, never seemed to attain the same level of satisfaction.

HG[/quote]

Sounds like you were amply prepared for life in Taiwan. :laughing:

My mom taught Special Ed for 20 years. As a kid I hung out with them at the Special Olympics and stuff sometimes. I never met a happier group of people.

Me, I’ve been chronically depressed and confused since I was 5 years old. So in my experience, I’d have to say that yes, the dumber you are, the happier you are.

I also have the theory that ugly people are generally happier in their relationships and sex lives than good-looking people. They’re easier to please with less - give an ugly guy or woman anything and they’ll fuck it with a big grin on their face. A beautiful woman rejects 99% of the men who approach her and spends most of her life unsatisfied because of impossibly high standards she expects out of a mate.

So how come I see so many beautiful women with pretty ugly, sometimes disgusting men at their side?

Duh!, sister. He has money.

Yeah right…totally forgot about that one…=)

[quote=“mesheel”]So how come I see so many beautiful women with pretty ugly, sometimes disgusting men at their side?[/quote]Because I’m nice ?