What's your media?

What forms your point of view? Which horrid mainstream media moguls are pulling your strings? I think this could help in understanding our differences.

For me it’s primarily The Guardian and The New York Times. I don’t read any blogs or anything outside the MSM. I probably should widen my choice of political bias.

I am of the view that political beliefs are generally formed during childhood and usually remain fixed after that. However, I accept that the brain remains malleable throughout life - although much less so.

1 Like

Make a poll!

It would be too long.

1 Like

I mostly watch BBC and al jazeera, sometimes CNN if it’s the only thing on.

I don’t really follow a particular news source, I just read what is available. Usually 2 difference POVs. I distrust the media.

CTV, National Post, Formerly Toronto Star until they made it paywalled. CNN, Taipei Times, Focus Taiwan, Hong Kong Free Press, Guardian, BBC sometimes.

I also read HK free press on China issues.

1 Like

These days, I mostly read the financial times tbh.

Wall Street Journal when I had the $$$
Chicago Tribune ( conservative leaning)
New York Times
Flipboard which aggregates a lot of news.

If I watch news (which is rare) CNN, Al-Jazeera, NHK

I am of the view that political beliefs are generally formed during childhood and usually remain fixed after that.

I think yes and no. I would say I’ve taken on a bit more conservative leaning as I’ve gotten older. Maybe I’m more nunanced in my political views as I’ve aged.

Watch BBC and read WSJ and Guardian. Hear enough alternative views on Rogan and Change my mind.

Good question

NPR most trusted
Guardian
Ny times for city politics more than national
CNN for basic events hate their opinion stuff

Baseball reference
Harpers
New Yorker
Mpls stsr trib
1 Like

Absolutely not true for me. Maybe after 23 24?

Oh yeah NPR is good.

This is generally the case (people become more conservative). I think it’s down to fear of change.

1 Like

I think that’s common. I was pretty die hard liberal in university. I didn’t even realize it at the time tbh. I remember Mitt Romney’s sons came to my fraternity (My fraternity is pretty southern, our spiritual Founder is Robert E Lee and we go to Washington and Lee to meet up every year. But my chapter is very liberal with mostly New Yorkers and Jersey people.) and spoke to us about the campaign. I straight walked out because i thought they were racist conservatives.

Can’t say I’m proud of that. I don’t know them. Honestly was going to vote for Obama no matter what. Because he’s cool and smokes weed lol. No idea what Romney was even about.

I can’t say. My family is die hard green in Taiwan. I am too, but probably even further as I support creating a new republic. I would like to think I would Be the same without that Influence.

But in terms of left right politics. I was very left leaning when I was in HS and college. Even many years after college. I was down for the revolution and all that. Mixed feelings about capitalism. Found all of that silly later.

I’m not fearful, not that you’re implying that. But rather I see more gray in the world and truth be told some of the liberal positions today turn me off.

1 Like

As I say, generally. There are exceptions. Atheists from highly religious families etc.

Funny I voted for Romney in the primary cause Obama pissed me off something bad.

But he still got my vote in the end.

1 Like

It’s crazy, to this day I still have no idea what Romney was about. But I remember opposing him so hard. Never even bothered to listen.

1 Like

That’s a much nicer way of looking at it. I hadn’t thought of it that way. People become more tolerant as they get older? The trouble is, they tend to go the other way.

1 Like