What's Your Peeing Style? (Ninja/Pirate/Caveman/Other)

Steady on now, clearly the local girls are squatting on western toilets which is bound to cause a bit of spillage.

Personally I like this especially if I can sit in it whilst still warm!

:laughing:

How the f@ck is that possible? I mean local girls are physically equivalent to foreign girls… are they trying to stand up? squatting on the toilet? Straddling it backwards?[/quote]
This is an easy one:
Most Western girls are trimmed, making the flow nice and controlled.
Taiwanese girls mostly have long pubic hairs. Urine flows along these hairs uncontrollably and in various directions.[/quote]
I don’t think so.
I think it’s because Taiwanese tend to squat on the seat of the toilet. Clearly, this doesn’t work well. Why they also miss in squat toilets, though, is a mystery.

There’s also the Nasa Diaper approach, but I’m not sold on that one as yet. It didn’t seem to work for Nowak.

What about guys who sit? A friend of mine told me a long time ago that your bladder drains moreso if sitting while peeing. I’ve been doing that ever since. It’s certainly easier at night, not having to blind yourself with light, or concentrating on aim.

There is some solid rationale for opting to sit as a man. Over to you Dr Karl, a famous sit pisser, by the way, and for the very following reason.

[quote]In urination, the urine does not come out in a steady stream.

Alexander Kira, Professor Emeritus of Architecture at Cornell University, has written about this in his ground-breaking and controversial work, The Bathroom. He says that “urine passing through the slit-like urethral opening is emitted in the form of a thin sheet that twists and spirals for approximately 150 mm (4-6 inches) and then disintegrates into a centrifugal spray”. The spacing of the twists in the moving stream of liquid depends on the exit-speed of the urine. At low speed, each twist is about 10 mm long - while a very high-speed urine flow has the twists some 50 mm long. But the average twist is about 25 mm long.

Now remember that after the urine has gone through its twists, it “disintegrates into a centrifugal spray”. It is this spreading out of the urine stream that is the cause of the inevitable splatter that happens when one urinates from a standing position.[/quote]

But it is far better to squat.

“We must bear in mind that, while we regard the use of the [chair-like toilet] as natural, we represent only a relatively small percentage of the world’s population, and a percentage that may be said, in an absolute sense, to be wrong, insofar as we have allowed civilization to interfere with our biological functioning.”

Dr. Alexander Kira
Professor Emeritus, Cornell University School of Architecture
Former Director, Center for Housing and Environmental Studies

Now I’m not sure where male sit pissers fit into the pirate/ninja lexicon, but I suppose it does involve stealth of some sort. It’s certainly cleaner. Considering Dr Kira’s findings on the mechanics of pissing, ninjas when stealthily aiming for the sides are in fact leaving a wider spray on the rim and over the side, walls and possibly the wall. Pirates aiming for the centre are naturally apt to get most of their piss in the bowl. Ironically, this could make their bathroom presence less obvious. By contrast, you can always tell when a ninja’s pissed in your toilet as the flaring of their urethras inevitably gives them away.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]But it is far better to squat.

“We must bear in mind that, while we regard the use of the [chair-like toilet] as natural, we represent only a relatively small percentage of the world’s population, and a percentage that may be said, in an absolute sense, to be wrong, insofar as we have allowed civilization to interfere with our biological functioning.”

Dr. Alexander Kira
Professor Emeritus, Cornell University School of Architecture
Former Director, Center for Housing and Environmental Studies [/quote]Surely he’s referring to number twos, though?

I found this old thread by searching for “evacuation” with author: “joesax”.
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=9372

Hey man, chicks hover and sit, some blokes too, apparently. It’s all bad according to the good man.

HG

Don’t get me started on men who sit down to wee. Just don’t.

Nothing wrong with that, as long as he’s reading something at the time…

I’m surprised no one has mentioned public urination yet… it’s practically an institution here in Taiwan. Just find a drain between a parked car and someone’s house and let 'er rip… pirate all the way. Toss your lit cigarette down, spit yer binlang out, hack up a big lunger and spit it between your feet as you pee. That’s what they do in my neighborhood anyway.

I hear you.

After training my bladder to believe that all roads and thoroughfares are fair game I’m almost incapable of drinking in parts of the world where this is unacceptable. However, I’ve entertained many a surprised person in HK with such displays as I really do believe there is only one China and it is called Taiwan. They’ll just have to get in line, erh, for the gutter.

HG

Eh? From a woman’s point of view, I’d figure a male sit pisser would be a welcome thing. No?
Or do you have some armchair-psychology notes to share?

An ex-gf once told me that the boyfriend she had before me was not only a sitter, but also used toilet paper to wipe afterwards. No shakes for that guy.

And all this talk of public urination brings to mind the sight that appeared at 6am on a train traveling slowly through the outskirts of Kolkata, India, at the end of a very long 30 hour journey. Looking out the window, and seeing a constant line of Indian men, squatting, backs to the train, about 10m away from the tracks, and taking the morning dump, water bucket in hand. They were not quite shoulder to shoulder, but they weren’t more than 2-3m away from each other.

[color=green]Here is one more:

Mr. Clean
–Men who can pee and clean the toilet at the same time. The objective is to spray off any bits that are stuck on the side of the bowl, thus eliminating the need to clean by hand[/color]

For a good laugh, take a gander at these funny pictures, all from Taiwan

http://www.butcheredenglish.com

The toilets here in America are no good for the Ninja. When he attempts to pee in such a full bowl of water, the thin sliver of porcelain means that he’s sure to miss, and his mom will tell him to “pee better”.

Water conserving Taiwan is better for the Ninja.

i tend to pirate then ninja at nite. this helps with aim and then silence right afterwards.

i didnt know about the spray though. may switch to complete pirate to test a few times.

I read in this month’s “Shape” magazine that fecal matter is sprayed 20 feet from the toilet when it is flushed. Any pirate, knowing that a ninja is coming to mess with him, could use this knowledge to his advantage: simply by looking in the mirror to determine the ideal time to flush, minute particles of fecal matter will fly into the air on that flush, and then they will enter the ninja’s eyes.

Oh that’s priceless.
Please tell me you have the pic?

It’s permanently burned into his corneas. Just stick a flashlight in his mouth and point him at the wall of a darkened room.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Over to you Dr Karl, a famous sit pisser, by the way, and for the very following reason.

[quote]In urination, the urine does not come out in a steady stream.

Alexander Kira, Professor Emeritus of Architecture at Cornell University, has written about this in his ground-breaking and controversial work, The Bathroom. He says that “urine passing through the slit-like urethral opening is emitted in the form of a thin sheet that twists and spirals for approximately 150 mm (4-6 inches) and then disintegrates into a centrifugal spray”. The spacing of the twists in the moving stream of liquid depends on the exit-speed of the urine. At low speed, each twist is about 10 mm long - while a very high-speed urine flow has the twists some 50 mm long. But the average twist is about 25 mm long.

Now remember that after the urine has gone through its twists, it “disintegrates into a centrifugal spray”. It is this spreading out of the urine stream that is the cause of the inevitable splatter that happens when one urinates from a standing position.[/quote][/quote]I think the human urinary apparatus would be better if it were designed for laminar flow. That way the distance and posture wouldn’t really matter, as there’d be an even, coherent stream from urinator to toilet bowl.

Thanks for the wiki, joesax. Once again, I am humbled by my lack of knowledge of scientific matters.

I think women definitely address less thought to the subject of peeing than men. I suppose there are just fewer variables in play.