What's your transport?

Which of these do have or use as daily transport?

• Car
  • Motorcycle (Heavy)
  • Motorcycle (scooter/light)
  • Van (commercial/passenger)
  • Public transport
  • Other
  • You never leave your room

0 voters

I am interested in gauging what most people have, use or prefer to use as transport. The business is expanding shortly and I’m trying to understand amongst the foreign community which particular types of transport they presently use as well as brand and type if you don’t mind divulging. This may further help offer more specific services in the future as well as help me create a more specific business plan.
Thanks for helping in advance.

I would also love to know what transportation devices are [reasonably] on your wish list. And is there anyone that would purchase a vehicle if only it were all made so much easier or they knew how?

I was sorely tempted, even to the point of actually discussing it with the wife, to pick up that very nice Volvo S40 listed on Taiwanted recently.

But the parking thing is still a deal breaker on that. No auto until I have a home with a garage.

You don’t have an all of the above option. I commute by public transport, but I have soccer mom duties that require privately owned vehicles. I used to drive the bus for an Anqingban. I’ve done it all.

Bicycle is not on the list.

For me bicycle, public transport and motorcycle. I don’t own a car and hope that I never do. They are horrid things.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]I was sorely tempted, even to the point of actually discussing it with the wife, to pick up that very nice Volvo S40 listed on Taiwanted recently.

But the parking thing is still a deal breaker on that. No auto until I have a home with a garage.[/quote]

Amen to that!

Sure, I would get the Batmobile if I knew how.

bicycle.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]I was sorely tempted, even to the point of actually discussing it with the wife, to pick up that very nice Volvo S40 listed on Taiwanted recently.

But the parking thing is still a deal breaker on that. No auto until I have a home with a garage.[/quote]

Very sensible indeed. And very responsible too if I may ad. I can’t bare the clutter of vehicles parked all over the shop when they don’t have their own spaces, and they don’t seem to stay in good shape for very long either with no space.

Thanks very much everyone. I’m surprised to be honest that the public transport box is winning at this time. I was thinking that many of the foreigners I know personally either prefer or have to use their own vehicles.

You can always go the homemade route you know Dragonbones.

Different modes for different purposes.

Car for long journeys, for hypermarket shopping, for taking the wife and baby out, and when the weather’s lousy.

Scooter for zipping up to Wulai for a swim in the river when the weather’s fine, and for some little errands where parking the car would be a problem.

Public transport for going downtown where parking and traffic jams would be a problem.

In the past, and I hope again in the future once I’m no longer housebound by the newborn, bicycle for going out into the hills and on the riverside trails for exercise and pleasure.

Same. Home and work are both close to the MRT, so that does it for the commute. The car on weekends or if there is something on in the evening. I’ll drive to work occasionally, but the time it takes to find parking downtown or paying for it in a lot are deterances from doing so.

Actually public transport is only wining because of Taipei, in taipei its extremely convenient to go by MRT and bus for a couple of reasons:

1. the MRT takes you from A to B fast and with no traffic even if its very far away.
  2. there are many buses that will take you from almost everywhere to another place.
    in other cities (i.e Hsinchu) there are maybe 4 to 5 buses for all the city and they pass every 30 min or so… and they dont cover not even half the city, for that reason here everyone has scooter and/or car…

Bus or train for intercity travel. Locally, I go by bicycle or Shanklin’s pony.

Feets. I live in walking distance to my gig.

You lucky person.

Bicycle rules!

I’ve also been using my bicycle for transport to work 2-3 times a week. Good exercise and saves some gas money :slight_smile: Getting a really dark tan too.

Bicycle to the ferry pier then a ferry. The missus has a car in Bangkok that I use when I’m down there, but otherwise, it’s me, bike and boat.

HG

Bicycle, walking and public transport.

Haven’t owned motorized transport since 1996 (although I’ve occasionally hired a car or scooter).

F*cked

no blue truck yet?

I have a really wide 10 and a half inch penis -but I still ride a 165 HP motorcycle.
Bike/scooter and pogo stick my Little Chicken to work.