When and Where to Exchange Currency

Greetings, gurus of things money and finance! I am leaving Taiwan in March and will need to, at some point, convert my money from NT to Yen, as I am moving to Japan. Any advice as to when/where to exchange money? I exchanged money at the airport when I arrived in Taiwan, and it seemed OK. But is there a better way to do it? Also, exchange in Taiwan before going to Japan, or exchange in Japan? I have a feeling doing the latter will be more difficult, but I could be wrong.

Cheers,

D

[quote=“Katakaio”]Greetings, gurus of things money and finance! I am leaving Taiwan in March and will need to, at some point, convert my money from NT to Yen, as I am moving to Japan. Any advice as to when/where to exchange money? I exchanged money at the airport when I arrived in Taiwan, and it seemed OK. But is there a better way to do it? Also, exchange in Taiwan before going to Japan, or exchange in Japan? I have a feeling doing the latter will be more difficult, but I could be wrong.

Cheers,

D[/quote]
I am really not so sure myself,either,however i am going to japan for a few days at the end of this month and will research further at that end for you,currency exchange… Let you know. I suspect the Yen will not be shooting up in value but it’s speculation! Only matters a great deal if you are changing a huge amount?.I shall look forward to spending a fortune on a tiny hotel room in Tokyo with a High Tech toilet !.

I’m probably going to be exchanging somewhere around $30,000 to $60,000 NT dollars… I’m moving to Japan and taking my money with me.

Generally you will get a better rate exchanging your Taiwan dollars while still in Taiwan, rather then taking them to Japan to exchange into yen. Do it at the airport in Taiwan.

My local friend who exchanges lots of money to use in business when traveling in other countries recommends the one below. They usually take money out of their local bank (which they could use to exchange but don’t), then go to this one to accomplish the exchange.

Jao Feng Eng Hang (spelling?) bank. I’m familiar with the one on West Side of Dun Hua Nan Lu section 2.