When cultures clash... (What Taiwaner said)

[quote=“taiwaner”][Now, you let your emotion get in the way of a debate, Maoman and Sharky. Again, as I repeat, I have not expressed my support for genital mutilation at any point in my posts. I simply wrote up what I know and submitted them as factual evidences. Are they factually correct? That was the only thing I ask for. And I believe you seriously owe me an apology.

[b]
Where do I stand? Like I said, I do not condone the practice of gential mutilation. Yet I believe that the effect of such practice has been repeatedly overstated by the media and your so-called crusaders take-on-the-world types (as Anton can attest).

If you cannot look at your source critically, then you are one of those mindless zombie types… It’s your problem, not mine![/b][/quote]

I am done with this thread.

I am not being emotional, I am rebutting your facts. Please note the lack of bold, large type in this note.

I disagree with you and do not believe that I owe you anything.

Where do I stand? Like I said, I do not condone the practice of gential mutilation. Yet I believe that the effect of such practice has been repeatedly overstated by the media and your so-called crusaders take-on-the-world types (as Anton can attest).

If you cannot look at your source critically, then you are one of those mindless zombie types… It’s your problem, not mine!

1. To my knowledge, Sunnah is the most widely practiced form of circumcision outside of the Middle East region.
  2. As many people (my friend for one, and perhaps Anton) who have undergone Sunnah would tell you, it is not as bad as other forms of
    circumsion.
  3. My point – the problem has been repeatedly overstated and exaggerated. Circumcision, whether male or female, is not a big problem outside of the Middle East region.

Okay, I’m kinda lost too. Well, I guess I just started this thread for the sake of having a debate. When Maoman got off with gential mutilation, I naturally felt I had to defend my position somehow since he had obviously misunderstood my intention. Thats how this whole fiasco got started.

Okay, this is getting worse. Forget it. What’s the point of this thread, u ask? Nada… Sorry for wasting your time. Later.

and gosh, cant you guys lighten up?? dont tell me ‘this’ or ‘that’ is no joking matter… so i made couple stupid jokes. is that enough reason to kill me?

okay, i’ve had enough. apparently, this is where old geezers hang out… I’m outta here. you guys are boring :frowning:

Taiwaner, I don’t know how you turned the original topic into a debate about female circumcision, but I will go with it.

Who is disputing point 1? Yes, in some countries, female circumcision only involves the removal of the hood of the clitoris. As for point 2, how do you know this to be true? If you talked to someone who had part of their clitoris removed, how would you or they know if it still worked properly? I was circumcised (I was against it, my parents just didn’t understand me) and I don’t know if everything still works properly or not. I only know it works to some degree. On point three, you have not named one attributable source.

All this doesn’t matter anyway unless you show where the “Western” media has overhyped this issue or mistated the facts. The bottom line is that there are few or no conceivable benefits to female circumcision and many negatives. If you disagree with this statement, please tell me why. That being the case, why should it not be criticized? I would say the same thing about capital punishment in the US. Many people would disagree with me, but it does not stop my criticism.

Don’t take this personally, but this discussion is greatly complicated by your lack of understanding of English. The bigger problem is your lack of a coherent argument and understanding of the rules of logic and rhetoric in any language. The people who are saying “enough” or “I am done with this thread” are saying so because you are making no sense, not because they can’t handle the truth as you see it.

Phew, that’s OK then. Its only partial mutilation. Oh, and Liberals argue that an individual’s right to choose is cross-cultural and that many so-called cultural practices are born of ignorance or oppression.

Quite right, Mr C. Taiwaner: If you want to start a debate, learn to use logic and argue properly - don’t get all huffy.

I think these words convey the Liberal ideal: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed…with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness and no more or less skin than they need.”

Oh well, I’m not really interested in continuing any discussion on this topic. That’s why I edited out my posts. Sorry about that. It’s getting really boring for me. And I agree with what you said.

Dunno, it probably had nothing to do with my lack of understanding of English. I was not really trying to make any point. I guess I was just trying to say something so outrageous and shocking that would offend everybody. It’s just one of those days when you get really bored and decide to go goofy, if you know what i meant. And do I really give a dam about this mutilation issue? Nah… What do I care… :stuck_out_tongue: later, time to move on.

Taiwaner, what you have just done is a tremendous breach of etiquette. Please never post again until you grow up. Actually, nope not even then.

why don’t we save his face. after all some peopler are more equal no? you guys really argue for the sake of argument:)

regards,
ax

[quote=“antonxie”]why don’t we save his face[/quote] Why doesn’t he save his own? Your comment is a bit rootle-tootle HOINK! HOINK! if you ask me.

[quote=“taiwaner”]To mods:

How about doing me a favor and removing this thread for me? There is really no reason to keep it .[/quote]
Actually, there is. I still have the original content from the e-mail notification, and I plan to repost what you wrote, and lock the thread. :sunglasses: That’s karma, baby. Some discussion boards ban users who troll like you do. Count yourself lucky. :imp:

Taiwaner, I’d just register again.

Anton and Chainsmoker, how old were you when you were circumcised? And does anyone know what the statistics are in Taiwan for males circumcised as infants and those circumcised as adults?

J.

I was circumsized as an adult. I forgot the year. It maybe year 1998 or 1999 around that. It was just a leap of faith. You know when it’s not very comfie down there with the “baopi”, then a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do.

regards,

ax