When I die I want to buried

My grandfather was buried in a small cemetary in Munich, where he died. I visited once and it’s the most beautiful cemetary I’ve ever seen – a forest, actually, with ancient trees, ferns, moss, and the graves scattered tastefully amongst them. I agree somewhat with those who say it’s just a body – have it cut up for science, I don’t care – but on the other hand, that cemetary was so beautiful. I appreciate that my grandfather’s remains are rotting/resting in such a beautiful setting.

But, Munich’s less meaningful for me. I guess I’d like my ashes scattered over the ocean or over some beautiful forest somewhere.

I agree with MT there are nice places to rot.

My song on the subject got downloaded 10 times today. I don’t know why.

http://ia301224.us.archive.org/0/items/TrackCrowroad/TrackCrowroad_64kb.m3u

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”]Half buried and face down so that you can all kiss my ass.

-or park your bicycles[/quote]
Or scrape off baseball cleats. :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Lol or so I can stick my foot up your ass and you can kiss my foot . :smiling_imp:

The body is just a shell. We all agree with that, yes?

The Chinese are still very superstitious, however.

I wonder, if I whipped it out and pissed on Chiang Kai Shek’s Memorial, would the soldiers there shoot me down? I’m sure I’d get arrested, for public indecency at least. But beyond that, what crime would I be breaking?

Someone ought to have the balls to do that, just out of general principle. I wonder how many Germans have pissed on Hitler’s grave? Italians on Mussolini? Spaniards on Franco? Have any of those people been arrested? If I were in Russia, I’d piss on Stalin’s grave, and I bet I wouldn’t get arrested. I would get arrested and possibly executed if I pissed on Mao’s grave, however, which shows you the difference between Russia and China.

Don’t ever piss on the Alamo. Ozzy learned that to his peril. He spent an entire night in a Texas jail because he desecrated the site of their national heritage (and yes, Texas is a separate nation - not genuinely a part of the U.S. of A.)

The Italians did much worse to Mussolini when he died. They gave him the funeral promised to Saddam, but never delivered upon.

Me too. And find some non-toxic way to get rid of the rest. No use filling the earth with embalming fluid.

I’m so shocked no one has mentioned Scotty’s beamed up ashes falling down into New Mexico.

Why is it always New Mexico?
engadget.com/2007/05/19/scot … ed-spacef/

I always liked the idea of a Parsi (Zoroastran) burial, however it seems the big birds aren’t biting much anymore.

[quote]Vanishing Vultures: Parsi burial tradition hit
A centuries old custom has triggered off a bitter debate within Mumbai’s influential Parsi community.

The Parsi community is now divided over how to dispose off their dead.

The bodies are kept in a well for vultures to feed on in a tradition called Dokhmenishin dating back to the 16th century.

However, many Parsis are now alleging that the Towers are becoming unhygenic and succumbing to decay.

The vultures, who are supposed to eat the bodies, are in fact disappearing and as a result, dead bodies are rotting for years.

Recently, photographs that show the inside of the Towers of Silence have surfaced. These photgraphs - though forbidden - are creating ripples in the small community.

The woman who took the pictures, Dhan Baria, a resident of Marzban Parsi colony, says that she is not going to keep quiet about the state of the bodies in the Towers.

You can see a video showing some of the photographs here. The photos are quite graphic.[/quote]

HG

Yup, buzzards are certainly an option for those short of time and money.

From Eastwood’s The Outlaw Josey Wales

“Too bad we don’t have time to bury those fellas proper like.”
“To hell with those fellas. Buzzards have to eat, same as worms.”

[quote=“SuchAFob”]I’m so shocked no one has mentioned Scotty’s beamed up ashes falling down into New Mexico.

Why is it always New Mexico?
engadget.com/2007/05/19/scot … ed-spacef/[/quote]

Wow that’s funny, in a dark way. I had read a few news articles about how his ashes, and the other people’s ashes, were going to be launched into space, but I didn’t realize they crashed. How humiliating. Good thing they were dead already.

From what I read, I don’t think there was any ‘crash’ (failure). The ashes went up successfully, then fell back to earth as planned, with a parachute; but it blew off course and it took them a bit longer than expected to recover the capsule.

[quote]The rocket containing some of Doohan’s ashes was the first to be successfully launched from the Spaceport America site in New Mexico.

The capsule containing the ashes spent some four minutes at the edge of space before coming back to earth.

It landed roughly where expected, according to the company operating the rocket.

However, bad weather and steep, rocky terrain reportedly delayed the recovery of the capsule. [/quote] bbc news

From what I read, I don’t think there was any ‘crash’ (failure). The ashes went up successfully, then fell back to earth as planned, with a parachute; but it blew off course and it took them a bit longer than expected to recover the capsule.

[quote]The rocket containing some of Doohan’s ashes was the first to be successfully launched from the Spaceport America site in New Mexico.

The capsule containing the ashes spent some four minutes at the edge of space before coming back to earth.

It landed roughly where expected, according to the company operating the rocket.

However, bad weather and steep, rocky terrain reportedly delayed the recovery of the capsule. [/quote] bbc news[/quote]

However, some irresponsible journalists out there have written misleading headlines, using ‘crash’ and ‘failure’, as well as other unclear wording in their articles.