When I read your words

I’m shocked, (I mean learning Chinese part)
some words are difficult even for a Taiwanese, but you guys can figure it out.

glad to know that all of you like Chinese culture. :smiley:
I feel proud of you guys.

:rainbow:

[quote=“carriewang”]I’m shocked, (I mean learning Chinese part)

:rainbow:[/quote]

I’m confused and I think I like it.

I think I know what Carrie is talking about. You are absolutely right.

I wonder myself where it all comes from…

[quote=“carriewang”]

I think she’s being sarcastic. Meaning"you guys dance with Chinese" :smiley:

The woman is trying to extend a compliment in your direction and yet you’re knocking her English ability.

Hell…make fun of MY grammar and spelling errors but not someone who, chances are, cannot understand your brand of sarcasm.

Way to go!!

F.com RULES!

:unamused:

[quote=“M0NSTER”]Hey Assholes

The woman is trying to extend a compliment in your direction and yet you’re knocking her English ability.

Hell…make fun of MY grammar and spelling errors but not someone who, chances are, cannot understand your brand of sarcasm.

Way to go!!

F.com RULES!

:unamused:[/quote]

Nobody’s knocking her English.
Have another drink.

What’s not to like?

:slight_smile: :rainbow:

Dear carriewang:

Thank you for your kind, encouraging words. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Many of us DO appreciate your message. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You will see there is an ignore icon somewhere on the top right-hand side of a poster’s message. Click on it to rid yourself of the not-so-nice forumosans and keep smiling.

Stanley

sorry for everything if there is any misunderstanding.

I just wanna give some compliment.

before I posted those words, I knew some people might misunderstand what I said, and it does.

for those who didn’t misunderstand my words, thank you very much.
for those who misunderstood my words, sorry again.

[quote=“carriewang”]sorry for everything if there is any misunderstanding.

before I posted those words, I knew some people might misunderstand what I said, and it does.

for those who misunderstood my words, sorry again.[/quote]
Carrie,

I certainly was sincere in what I said, and I appreciated your post.

I believe Monster was WAY out of line accusing “Assholes” of nitpicking your english, and it is a shame your thread has been spoiled this way.

I hope you post some more.

Truant.

Hey carrie,
Thanks very much for your post, and thanks very much for the compliment (even though my Chinese is not as good as it should be :blush: ).

Hope you keep enjoying the site.

Dear carriewang:

There is absolutely no reason why you should apologize for anything. You did well. To me, and many others, your message was clear. Keep posting! :slight_smile:

Those who ‘misunderstood’ you chose to do so and I honestly think they should hang their heads in shame. :blush:

Stanley

Thanks for your kind words, carriewang! :slight_smile: And welcome to Forumosa! I hope we’ll see more of you here. :rainbow:

wow, so many assumptions,

i think monster was just replying to how namahottie assumed something from the op’s meaning. (only my interpretation, but namahottie inferred something, then monster responded to how he interpreted this??)

and llary sounded confused, but was no way insulting.

lighten up people. don’t be so quick to snap and bite at the ankles of others.

gee whiz, i have been reamed for taking posts so literally, so lighten up. jinkies shaggie!!

jm

and to carriewang,

what’s not to love about the chinese/taiwanese cultures. cultures. they are both beautiful, inspiring, and full of wonder around every corner. hope you get the chance to reciprocate with the wonder of experiencing things that you find as fascinating.

from my standpoint, i love learning mandarin, yet i do not use this outlet to express it. i practice with my friends. it is wonderful to grow this way. we are a global people now, so lets all dive in and get our hands dirty with finding new things to explore. i think that was carriewangs point. but thats just my interpretation.

carriewang-thanks for appreciating others that enjoy exploration of life and our world in all its’ many facets.

jm

[quote=“JOHN MOSS”]wow, so many assumptions,

i think monster was just replying to how namahottie assumed something from the op’s meaning. (only my interpretation, but namahottie inferred something, then monster responded to how he interpreted this??)

and llary sounded confused, but was no way insulting.

lighten up people. don’t be so quick to snap and bite at the ankles of others.

gee whiz, i have been reamed for taking posts so literally, so lighten up. jinkies shaggie!!

jm[/quote]

I don’t think that was to me as I didn’t knock her english. Ummm, strange.

sorry namahottie,

then it must have been on llary, but how did he knock her english?

he implied that he was confused. by the text? by the meaning?

it wasn’t too hard to figure out what she was trying to say, and it was a simple compliment.

some people are too sensitive and granted, simple letters on a screen leave no room for tone or implied meaning.

so, who knows…

[quote=“JOHN MOSS”]sorry namahottie,

then it must have been on llary, but how did he knock her English?

he implied that he was confused. by the text? by the meaning?

it wasn’t too hard to figure out what she was trying to say, and it was a simple compliment.

some people are too sensitive and granted, simple letters on a screen leave no room for tone or implied meaning.

so, who knows…[/quote]
don’t think about it too much. The one who was calling people “Assholes” was the biggest one himself.

I feel like I’m missing half of this thread. Was the OP commenting on a particular post or just a general observation? Did M0NSTER get out of the wrong side of bed this morning? Did stan have his Weetabix? All will become clear in the next exciting episode of Forumosa.com.

thanks truant,

now back to the original topic…

appreciating those who recognize and acknowlege their environs and relish in them in every way, and thanks to them;

and yes, it’s difficult, but it’s also a challenge that is worth it, fun, and, gosh darn it, expands your horizons.

let them expand, and grow, and glow,

(i’m gonna stumble and jumble and eat the jungle until i’ve had my fill)

jm