When is England going to regain the upper hand

[quote=“sandman”]
If there’s one thing I can’t stand about those stupid yanks its the way they can never keep their bloody traps shut.[/quote]

Ya got the wrong “Yanks”, mr bubbie: We Vermonters never talk. [Edit] Anyway, “Yank” is derived from the Iriquois word for pommie b.

[quote=“Salvatore Armani”][quote=“sandman”]
If there’s one thing I can’t stand about those stupid yanks its the way they can never keep their bloody traps shut.[/quote]

Ya got the wrong “Yanks”, mr bubbie: We Vermonters never talk.[/quote]
Ayuh? :wink:

[quote=“sandman”]
Ayuh? :wink:[/quote]

That’s what them goddamn foreigners in Cow Hampshire speak. Could be Maine too: Hard tellin’ not knowin’… no idear.

[quote]What pisses me off about Hollywood is that it usually makes movies out of age old books written in England or Europe and tries to pass them off as original American stories. Unfortunately most of the world is non the wiser.

America is a huge consumer market, but it seems that the powers that be refuse to accept any outside influence which may compete with its own success. it’s big and difficult to get into which is a shame because I think the best movies come from places Europe (especially France) and Japan.
America just doesn’t want to know.

Anyway, I’ve been reading that it is anticipated that the worlds major stock exchange will be back in London again within 10 years. We’ll see what the States has to say about that.[/quote]

To DM and other English suffering from post imperialism hangover:

• Hollywood doesn’t make the movies for you. You are considered a secondary market. The fact that you pay money to watch our movies is just gravy. They make movies to make money they don’t give a shit about if the story came from England, Euroland, Madagascar. If Hollywood was in London the bad guys would be American and your good guys wouldn’t be gay. Use logic on this one

• Though many of you are self-proclaimed experts on all things American if you spent any real time there you would know foreign films easily accessible in any big city. I personally had two Indi-movie theatres walking distance from my house.

• On a personal note I think the majority of foreign films suck for the basic fact they have no real budget and their using B actors but I also think a lot of Hollywood films suck too but they hit much more out of the park.

• As far as the last point of England will be again the financial capital of the world :roflmao:

I don’t think its that the American market is closed as much as it is that European flimakers just haven’t been able to capitalize. Japan and Hong Kong have both done very well in film production. Japanese horror has become a specific genre within the American market, Hong Kong has started having success even outside the typical Kung Fu films, and Asian providers practically own the animation market. Even Korea has started to get in on the action.

I also don’t think its an anti-Britain or anti Europe bias because European (particularly British) actors are doing very well, as are European stories and European locations. European filmakers just aren’t capitalizing on it.

oh,this isn’t about football?

makes a nice change hehehe

Quickly see what’s on Animal Planet for a taste of real English!

All I’m going to say is, “I’m a war President…”

hehehe…thing about America is, never mind the English, pretty soon they’ll all be speaking Spanish (Spanglish?) and then that’ll be the new language fad in Taiwan. Then we’ll all (except the American chaps) be right buggered…