When is the right time to leave

Ah you mean the same way as Taiwan? I see.

1 Like

Americans can enter over 100 countries visa-free as a tourist to find a job.

Whether you’ll find an employer who would be willing to sponsor a work visa for you is a different story though.

2 Likes

So can I as a Taiwanese. Doesn’t mean I can live and work there without a resident visa and work permit. Same for you.

No. All non citizens need a visa for Australia. You cannot change from a visitor visa to a work visa or to WHV in Australia. On a student visa one can work and also possible to change that to a PR visa after graduation.

2 Likes

She meant enter the country as a tourist first and then find a job there with an employer who is willing to sponsor an employment visa for her.

I’m saying I would go there and get a job. You can stay up to six months without a VISA or job (at least Americans, I’m assuming the same for Taiwanese). I wouldn’t personally go there because I know my dumbass would get murdered the first week.

Visa free generally do not allow a change to a longer term visa, but exceptions apply.

Like I tried to do this in Germany but they only allow applying for a visa in Germany on a landing visa for a very small list of countries, basically only the US, Canada, Australia, South Korea, Japan, etc.

It means you could look for a job on a landing visa, then you must leave and go back to apply for the actual visa when you find the job.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s just logistical details… but it can be done. I’m sure exiting Mexico and then reentering on a work visa wouldn’t be a problem for @deepshelter

In any case, she isn’t really considering moving there so this is a moot point.

1 Like

Mexico is a risk yes but Cancun a lot of people I know go there for diving. Too far for me nowadays I prefer to go to Bali and Raja Ampat and Philippines

1 Like

If I call correctly, Taiwanese require a visa to visit Mexico.

1 Like

Not only that but Mexican visas are extremely difficult and onerous to get in Taiwan. I’ve read some PTT posts/websites on this, and they require quite a lot of documentation. Much easier to go to Honduras or whatever where visas are not required (as far as I know, this may have changed). I heard someone said it’s because Mexico is under pressure from the US to strictly vet their visas to prevent people from trying to jump the border. But if that’s the goal then go to Canada where a visa is not required, or go to the US under the VWP and overstay.

But that isn’t necessary as Taiwanese can just go to the EU anyways, without any of the onerous crap that traveling to North America requires.

My understanding is that the difficulty in getting Mexican visas is due to pressure from China, not the U.S.

There’s lots of Chinese going into Mexico on a tourist visa then jumping over the wall into the US, as Chinese needs visas to enter just about any country except maybe Russia or Cuba. The US also categorically denies all visas for applications from certain province, and so if your houkou is wrong you have a snowball chance in hell of getting a US visa of any kind.

Not if you have a US visa . :slight_smile:

If a multiple entry US visa is granted (this includes transit visas), you will be able to use it to enter Mexico without having to apply for a Mexican Visitor Visa (this does not apply for ESTA or electronic authorizations for travel into the US).

My wife did a South American tour for two months and entered from the USA using a US visa. Immigration in the USA asked her was she traveling into the USA and she said no. She was traveling with two other friends from Taiwan. They were just passing by the USA

1 Like

Yes. My daughter in law is a manager at the Four Seasons in Sydney. They employ foreign hospitality workers who are over 30

2 Likes

Right, so you have to apply for a visa in any case.

Yes but as my wife might visit the USA apply for the 5 year multiple entry visa. Anyway solves the problem of trying to get a visa for Mexico. Much easier to get a visa from the AIT.
AIT also understand if you are doing a two month trip to South America and need to pass the USA then getting a visa is a good thing to enter Mexico. She needs to transit USA anyway.

Waiting on @Brianjones to fake propose so I can move to Ireland :sneezing_face:

2 Likes

You can move to Ireland , you’ll even get a job before you go, but bring your own tent.
BTW…I’m expensive. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I thought that was fake news, but there really are tons of Chinese people flocking into the US via the US-Mexico border. Does that show how bad life in China is? Or just how stupid the US immigration system is as a whole?