When is the right time to leave

Nothing. But if they don’t meet the character requirements they will be, and are, deported.

I can get a visa on arrival to Thailand too just by handing over my passport, it’s still a visa.

That’s different because the visa on arrival to Thailand is 2000 baht. Do Kiwis need to pay anything for the special visa?

I agree with Gain here, its a political issue.
China does its best to make life harder for Taiwanese in Asia, and are extremely envious of visa privileges Taiwanese enjoy in some Western countries.

But Taiwan govt can do better too since Taiwan has been generous to these SEA countries for tourist visas also.

1 Like

I agree with Gain’s overall point about China’s pressure tactics. We all know the dirty tricks those assholes are up to. But I think it could’ve been made without dumping on other countries, especially ones that may be slightly less developed but are certainly livable… I mean, Thailand, Mexico, Vietnam and Argentina may not be quite where we are (and that can be debatable) but they’re certainly not Somalia, North Korea, and Afghanistan.

Maybe Taiwanese want to stay longer in those places so they can eat some actual decent food. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Of course it is relevant when you are acting like Taiwanese should get it.

Sorry to break it to you, but Taiwan isn’t the USA.

Australia isn’t USA either. And it’s not just Mexico.

I think it is crazy to expect visa free access to countries when you don’t allow their citizens the same. I know it happens, but to expect it?

1 Like

If it’s just Latin America maybe it’s not that bothersome. But no visa free access to Vietnam, Thailand etc is bullshit.

And it’s not that crazy. Rich countries naturally have more visa free access.

I don’t need to pay anything to enter the UK and get a visa on arrival.

What does cost have to do with anything?

No Kiwis don’t have to pay for their visa. But it’s still a visa

1 Like

Come to think of it I didn’t pay anything for my visa on arrival when I went to Thailand

You do. Yes . All US citizens need a visa to enter Vietnam for business or leisure trips.

1 Like

Me everytime people here insist they aren’t hot.Yet they are drenched in sweat and smell like shit. :roll_eyes: Had to open the windows as soon as I got in. So nasty.

Yes they are upset we don’t need visa for the EU UK etc. One of the problems flying into small remote areas in EU when they saw your ROC passport they would ask why you don’t have a visa. Now with TAIWAN in English on the passport they know you are not from China.

It’s really only for me the Philippines where a visa is necessary to get a visa on a Taiwan passport. I traveled there a lot on business visa before. That’s why I got my Australian passport back, so I don’t need to spend lots of money for visa’s for Philippines. A passport of convenience is always a good thing.

I think it’s fair to say “I am not hot.” I am just OK. :grin:

Guy

Yeah warm one today where I live. In the hottest part of the year can hit 27c

Looks like this today

1 Like

Thank got for that. America has serious violent gun crime and drug abuse issues Taiwan does not have. Do you seem armed guards at Taiwan schools?

So Taiwan should not give visa free access to Australia NZ USA?

Don’t care

That’s a bad example. If you’re Australian, you’re presumably talking about a visa exemption, which isn’t a visa. The visa on arrival is something else (and have to pay for it).

Yes I used my Taiwan passport in Thailand and had to pay the visa on arrival fee. Indonesia does this for everyone now they like the US$35 they charge each incoming non citizen person