When should folk quarantine? (Spouse in Wanhua)

My spouse said they were in the general Wanhua area one of the days there were cases. Spouse did not get a message on phone and I think they’re being a little extreme. Who needs to be cautious on stuff like this? What are appropriate precautions? This doesn’t seem like one would need to self-isolate, etc., but I don’t know. The CDC lets you know, basically, right?

My wife got the same message. One night she got a taxi to our vet there, to pick up prescription cat food. Then she got back in the taxi and came home. I reckon she’s fine to go downstairs to the Seven to get my Scotch.
It’s self-monitoring, not quarantine.

3 Likes

Spouse didn’t even get a message, they were just in that general region that day. Do you know what protocol they recommended for spouse? Is it self-monitoring for 72 hours, or something like that?

Self monitoring for two weeks. Any symptoms they’ve got four testing stations in Wanhua.

But she won’t catch the virus just by being in Wanhua.

1 Like

Wear mask at all times. Avoid public transportation. Do not attend mass/crowded events…if there were any.

1 Like

萬華區東至康定路、南至和平西路三段、西至梧州街、北至桂林路,於4月15日至5月12日曾於相關時間及地點出入之民眾,發送簡訊,總數達60萬封。

OK, that’s a small box, nowhere near that many people living there.

Please sir, can I take it off when I have a shower?

3 Likes

no, you cannot.

2 Likes

:runaway:

1 Like

I think at level 4 you are legit supposed to wear mask when at home

3 Likes

These 3 sentences. I don’t where to start. Like the beginning of a short story…

I walked from Carrefour Guilin to Longshan MRT once a week ago and was sent that message. So 600k people have “been in that area” for more than 5 mins in the last two weeks.

1 Like

It’s Ma’am.

Yes, you are right.

Good advice! Shop local if possible.

I don’t get these calls for self-monitoring. Surely any normal person monitors their health for obvious symptoms during a pandemic? Apparently, no, they need to be told to do it.